What's for dinner?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Turkey Mole tonight- gonna do it in the instant pot. Not sure what to have on the side, probably a green salad since I still have a head of lettuce, and tortillas of course.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
sauteed bittermelons. with tomatoes, shrimp, and pork. and a big bottle of homemade pineapple juice.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

View attachment 4498
We made pork stake with tons of onions, My kids love onions, and I made a pitcher full of tasty tasty lemonade. they really like it.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We had oatmeal for breakfast, and had plenty leftover.

Going to try this to use for the leftovers:

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 4498
Meaty spring roll, Spinach sauteed with sardine in spicy tomato sauce. a pitcher of 100% pure pineapple juice.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
For lunch: I baked 2 potatoes in the wood stove, taking advantage of the remaining embers after last night's fire. Then, I added some home canned green beans, cheddar cheese, dollop of sour cream, and some spices. Total yum factor.

Last edited: