What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've been mostly having my bigger meals early in the day and then in the early evening when i'm done we needed to use up some bananas so i've been having small banana splits for dinner.

this is a diet i can enjoy... :)

i do have to admit that last night i had a few extra boiled eggs with hot sauce on them to add more sticking power...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night I made turkey pot pie. So it's also breakfast! 😁 last week I baked turkey breast and sunday a ham. Shared both with DD but, still dealing. Turkey now gone. Whew. The ham is really good....mostly gone. At 99 cent a lb, good buy. Time for another cup oof coffee.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chuck roast was on sale so I smoked one for dinner. I think it turns out better than the oven.

i'd sure love some bbq smoked chuck roast right about now. that sounds pretty darned good! :) the thing about a roast in the oven though is that you get to smell it cooking all that time when you're roasting and the taters, and carrots and onions and garlic ...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh that would be a good deal. I'd stock up on however many cans would fit in the fridge. I still have 2 cans left from the $3 off they had at Costco. Now I need to make some crab cakes.

canned meat in the fridge? sounds kinda strange to me, but ok. :)

Mom got a rotisserie chicken yesterday, wasn't done all the way. gross... as i do like the dark meat and it wasn't cooked enough in there. going to have to cook it again or throw it away. we already have the food figured out for tomorrow we need to make so i really don't have time to deal with this but i guess i'll cook it up today. some garlic and onion and simmer it for a long time to make sure all the little bugs are killed off again...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
canned meat in the fridge? sounds kinda strange to me, but ok. :)

Mom got a rotisserie chicken yesterday, wasn't done all the way. gross... as i do like the dark meat and it wasn't cooked enough in there. going to have to cook it again or throw it away. we already have the food figured out for tomorrow we need to make so i really don't have time to deal with this but i guess i'll cook it up today. some garlic and onion and simmer it for a long time to make sure all the little bugs are killed off again...

The canned crab is supposed to be kept refrigerated. I'm not sure why, but it warns to on the cans and ia sold in the fridge at the store.