What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We do ham and use pickled asparagus for that. Our variant might be more regional to eastern Oregon.

No one up here ever had anything like it but everyone tried it and loved it. Several people have started making it themselves since the first time I brought it.

No one back in Virginia Beach would even try it the one time I made it.

it needed some mustart bbq dippin' sauce... :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trying a new recipe tonight.

creamy-garlic-butter-chicken-with-pasta.jpg.webp
Their image - not mine. We will be having cauliflower rice instead of pasta.

They lied though:
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes

Not even! I'm a good 45 minutes into this and I haven't even added the cream and parm yet. Hope it's worth it!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that was also my dinner last night, but i also had a few crackers with cheese and hot sauce.

yesterday i spent most of the day getting half the squash cleaned up, roasted, mashed and mixed together and then bagged for the freezer. ended up with seven bags full which was probably close to 2-3 gallons.

now i have to figure out what to do with the rest of the squash, we can eat some of it here or there, but it is easier for me to just do it all at one and then freeze it then we can have it anytime during the next year. right now that might happen as soon as this weekend. extra we can give away. one of my brother's will take some for sure. i much prefer giving away the results as then i can keep the seeds and use the skins and innards to keep the worms happy.

Latest posts