What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tonight i had the burger i made this afternoon, with mushrooms, fried with a little butter and garlic salt on both sides. i wasn't hungry when Mom wanted to eat so i cooked the burgers and then i had to run out for an appointment and then went to Home Depot and took the [cue rant] offending caulk with me and told them it was defective and the lady at first was only going to give me credit for the tube i took with me but i asked her to credit me with another tube because of how much i wasted. but what was the worst part was how much time it took me to get the job done as what would normally take a minute to do with properly made caulk in a tube took me 10 or more minutes per application because i had to play finger the caulk and smash it into place off the end of the tube where it wasn't supposed to be coming out because the blasted thing had air bubbles in it. arg! pretty much cost me an entire day at least because of how much caulking i had to do...

anyways, so the lady did end up saying that if i went and got the caulk that i needed (a different color - i sure hope this doesn't have bubbles in it when i need to use it or i'm gonna scream) that she'd let me buy a tube for a penny. so that replaced the caulk i wasted and i felt at least part ways better along with returning the defective caulk so i have a chance of getting a 2nd project done that i wasn't planning on doing sometime in the next month or so. but that's a whole different story that i'd probably scream about too if i wasn't already fairly numb about it all. my ex-step-dad's building mistakes... ah well, ok, what else can i talk about? dessert! yes, that was great, ice-cream, chocolate with chocolate chunks in it and fudge swirl and then we had that with some chocolate cake and ice cream and i had to have some peanuts on that because i like peanuts and hadn't had any for a few days. so there ya go, end the post on a lighter note and a better one. :) and with that. sleepy time...

thank goodness though for the long day, nobody got hurt and there was an hour and 45 minute massage by someone who knows what she's doing. body sure needed it. she could tell within a few seconds that i needed it and i'm glad it worked out. when she told me a few weeks ago that she had to cancel my appt i was not happy but i can cope with that if i have to. so yesterday she said she had a cancellation and i could fit in today. yep! i'm there! she's our favorite person in the world for body stuff because she's good but also has no mercy so if it can be fixed by massage she'll get it done. i wish i could live there and just lay there for hours after she's done, but we can't do that so... off we go and we feel much better. it may cost more than cheap pain meds or a few other things but in the end it is worth it because it is rare that i do need pain meds and i like that when i do need them they work because i don't use them all the time.

ok, again, i'm rambling. :) a bit too much caffiene today...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last night we had tenderloin steak, onions & mushrooms, mashed potatoes and french bread. Delicious!

Whole tenderloins are on sale for $9.99 per pound, pretty good value there.
My favorite steak is sirloin and that is over $16/lb now! New York strip steaks were $21/pound.