What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i didn't remember to have breakfast today so it wasn't until i was on my way out the door to my dentist appointment that i realized i'd skipped everything except a glass of water or two. was busy.

made br4dinner when i got home, took some of the noodly chicken cabbage stuff and added some hot sauce, western dressing, cottage cheese, plenty of oregano and some basil and nuked it as i wanted hot food. so it was a sort of chicken lasagna pseudo chinese noodle dish. all i cared was that it was hot and it filled me up. :)

now i want chocolate but i'll wait until tomorrow for that because after the dental hygenist gets done with me my gums are sore enough that i don't really want to eat any more than i have to plus i can use this day to peel off a bit more weight and every bit i'm getting off now is that much less i have to fight with through the winter.

dental checkup was all ok. doc is funny, he got into worm keeping for fishing after i told him about me keeping worms in buckets. so now every time i see him we're talking worms and if not talking about them he'll yell at me from another room when he's working on someone else and blame me for getting him into keeping worms... lotsa stories - you're lucky if you get a word in edgewise with him, but even more so because he has his hands in your mouth. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Even though I dug sweet potatoes weeeeeeks ago - I musta missed some little sprouts or roots because they were making beautiful new vines again. But, some were in the raised beds in the back yard and I need those beds for fall stuff. So, I pulled the vines.

Took 'em in and washed 'em off and...threw some slices of garlic sausage and chopped onions in a frying pan. Got the sausage browned and the onions cooked down and tossed in the whole bunch of those sweet potato leaves and wilted them down. Really, really good!

Better than the summer/spring grown leaves because there was no flea beetle damage to these. Pristine, tender and delicious!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
grilled ham and cheese on pumpernickle bread with yellow mustard, chicken soup, not a thing was homemade... :( but it was all delicious. :) :) :)

what is so funny is that it all started with Mom asking me if i wanted her to make anything for me and i said i wasn't really hungry for much and then she said ham and cheese on pumpernickle, cold, that she'd make it, so i asked her if we had Miracle Whip and she said we had some up in the closet and that i'd need to get up and reach it for her. of course, no, there wasn't any left and what we had up there was Mayo, which is ok, but not at all what i'd want on a cold sandwich. so then she's calling me a spoiled brat and me saying that's how she's raised me and laughing at it all of the sillyness we get up to. then she suggests i put mustard on it and at that point i'm, like, no, i like mustard on grilled ham and cheese and pumpernickle and so i come in here and get my pans so i can fry them up at one time instead of having to do two in one pan. much easier. and there we were... :)

it's nice to have a friend with the same kind of whacky sense of humor where we can pretty much talk about anything and find stuff to laugh about even if it is silly stuff...

Last edited:

Latest posts