What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm making chicken pot pie! Prob some chicken and dumplings too from looks of what I'm thawing.🤔

Oh well. DD is working until 6, so I'll make a pot pie for her and she can pick it up hot on way home, along with her fresh eggs. 😁. She won't have to cook after working all day. It's something she and DGD will eat.

I'm home and need to use this freezer up!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we had some budget hot dogs given to us several weeks ago. we tried a few last week and they weren't very good. yesterday Mom rescued them by making bbq sauce with plenty of onions and garlic and so i can't taste the hot dogs. Mom for the win! :) sadly she had her lips and mouth react to just one bite of a hot dog so she can't eat them. so i will be eating these for a few more days. good though that she can eat some other ones we got at the same time so all is not lost.

breakfast was some of the hot dogs and some squash with some tapioca pudding. i'll have a reverse day here and eat apples tonight. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok, back to very expensive vittles and high falutin' eatin'... i had egg salad today. it was very good. hungry again now because that was earlier in the afternoon, but i gotta hold this line for the evening until breakfast. if i stick my nose in a book i have a chance... :)

last night i was grazing a little of this and that from all sorts of things. i didn't overdo it but i sure was tempted.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

same here last night, added some canned tomatoes to it and some hot sauce that i had left over that i'd added extra vinegar to it and some Western dressing (i rinsed out the bottle with the vinegar). so the chili had a more vinegar taste to it than i expected but it was good. ended up putting a few spoons of sour cream in it since Mom had that out. it was one of those meals... :) good and warm.

i'm probably going to have chili for breakfast in an hour or two. waking up at 4am...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
same here last night, added some canned tomatoes to it and some hot sauce that i had left over that i'd added extra vinegar to it and some Western dressing (i rinsed out the bottle with the vinegar). so the chili had a more vinegar taste to it than i expected but it was good. ended up putting a few spoons of sour cream in it since Mom had that out. it was one of those meals... :) good and warm.

I originally added more chili power than I intended to so I started adding things that I thought would ease up some of the bitterness. I had some of the winter quash that I had canned. It is very soft so I added a pint of that and it just melted into the chili. Then I tried a pint of carrots that I had canned a couple years ago. I smashed them up and added them too. You couldn't even tell there was any extra veggies in it, but it did counteract the too strong chili powder flavor and it was some of the best chili I've ever made. Plus, the veggies added to the volume and now I have enough chili for a several more meals! Yay!

We top with some grated cheese and sour cream. That's good eats, lol!