what's next?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Daisy barter for some chickens.

Keeping cash on hand is always a good idea. Smaller bills, as not everyone can give change for a $100. Banks report you to the Federal Government for withdrawals over $5000 of YOUR money. As we all know, if we have cash, that makes us drug dealers and terrorists. the money in your account is not yours anyway, it belongs to the bank and they can take YOUR money to pay off THEIR debts. The government can scalp your stock accounts, 401K etc for their own nefarious reasons. Grrrrr…...

Beans, taters and corn is a good idea. @Chic Rustler are you still planting those green beans I sent you seed for? Do youu have plenty of corn seed and do you have any cornmeal type seeds? Got a grain mill?

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
like don't die truck, LOL

Right there with ya on that one! (Except replace "truck" with "wagon" LOL). Im fine as long as the car keeps running and the internet stays on!

I must sort through my seeds and start planting next week. This rain is awesome and the ducks are being good fertilisers, although they prefer to laze around the pond instead of bug hunting.

With the local general store shutting down today, for good, I am unsure where I will get my gas for hot water now. They used to deliver. I am slightly worried about that as I can't transport the large bottles. I do have enough to get me through winter (until September) so I guess I cross that bridge when I get to it.

The sky was glowing red on my drive home last night. It was really eerie with all the clouds at different heights. Realised it was a blazing bushfire about 30kms from my home reflecting on the clouds. Really cool to look at though!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just took my wife's 125lb baby out. it's very calming out there with the sky overcast. No sounds of motors in the sky or ground level, no sounds of any human activity at all. Just the sounds of bullfrogs, tree dogs and coyotes. It's like I'm all alone on vacation, out in the middle of the woods - I like it, I like it a lot.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The national guard is working on a plans to quickly convert hotels, campus dorms and even stadiums into temporary hospitals should the need arise.

Both US Navy Comfort and Mercy hospital ships have been deployed. Comfort to NY and Mercy to Seattle. Comfort and Mercy are both fully equipped 1000 bed ships with impressive capabilities and staff.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if the weather cooperates i'll be outside working on the mess i made from last fall. i was able to get out yesterday to make a whack at it. if the weather is cruddy i have a large number of indoor projects i can work on along with reading.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Probably a bit of a recession.

Most people just bought and bought and didn't think about the future. They figured buy on credit.

Now I actually do use my CC for almost all purchases, but pay it off every two weeks. We rack up points and pay no interest. Plus it's safer if a company has a data breach.

We didn't actually buy much extra. Just a few extra of the fast consumables like milk and not more than we will actually finish before it goes bad. I also do spend the extra and only buy half gallons in paper. It keeps better as light causes milk to go off faster. I'm very picky on milk taste.

Not worried really about hubby's job as aircraft always need fixed. Sitting aircraft need more fixed. The more they fly, the less goes wrong. They repair and refurbish parts from airlines to personal.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trump wins re-election, which I'm predicting he will. I think there will be an explosion of jobs in the manufacturing of medical devices and medicines here in the USA after this Chinese COVID-19 stuff blows over. I believe he'll make it a high priority to bring a lot of it back home, if he hasn't already.
Let’s don’t go there.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Daisy barter for some chickens.

Keeping cash on hand is always a good idea. Smaller bills, as not everyone can give change for a $100. Banks report you to the Federal Government for withdrawals over $5000 of YOUR money. As we all know, if we have cash, that makes us drug dealers and terrorists. the money in your account is not yours anyway, it belongs to the bank and they can take YOUR money to pay off THEIR debts. The government can scalp your stock accounts, 401K etc for their own nefarious reasons. Grrrrr…...

Beans, taters and corn is a good idea. @Chic Rustler are you still planting those green beans I sent you seed for? Do youu have plenty of corn seed and do you have any cornmeal type seeds? Got a grain mill?

yes I have the seeds I saved from those green beans. gave a few to a friend near by as well. no I haven't planted dent corn and I dont own a mill. I have access to free wheat so I need a mill