what's next?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What's the "freak out" news about California this morning? No seed potatoes to be had here, most likely not till the end of April.

I've heard they are going to be on mandatory lockdown.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Txt from daughter - Just got to (my new granddaughter) doctors appointment and they had a team of nurses in full hazmat gear checking temps and filing out paperwork for everyone -not just patients- before we could even get in the door.

IMG_20200320_145022.jpg

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Lots of rumors swirling for sure... I have heard it as well.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I try and not post rumor unless I have a suspicion or anecdotal (personal experience) it's factual.

Remember... it was just last week, Trump declared a national emergency. Yes just 7 days ago... It seems like two years ago to me, but it was only 7 days ago.

I predicted before the national emergency was announced that things would move fast and they have. I also predict they will continue to move fast.

i am fully sure many many options are on the table as to what to do next. There is a clue though as to what MIGHT come next.

If you watched the press conference today, you may have noticed Trump closed both the North and South boarders to non essential traffic. Simply ask yourself why did he do that? What is essential?

Well obviously food, medicines, medical supplies, along with oil (energy) to move those essential good around the US to keep the electrical grid up, to supply heat are essential yes?

This along with California, New York and Illinois all issuing "shelter in place" orders within 24 hours of each other, should be enough clues as to what MIGHT come next.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The National Guard in Illinois is supposedly mostly medical corps to run testing stations - according to the article that was linked by @CrealCritter . No intent at this time for the national Guard to be doing police/enforcement work.