What's your favorite hand "tool"?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine hands down is my simple Kershaw pocket knife, which I keep scarry sharp. it's like a third hand for me - I use it multiple times a day. If I ever lost it - it would be a horrible day.

What's your favorite hand "tool"?

IMG_20171017_221155455.jpg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um my favorite tool is my pointer finger. It's what I use to point to the broken things and ask DH to fix them.

Seriously I am not to be trusted with most tools so I'll go with DH's cordless drill. I can manage that most times!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um my favorite tool is my pointer finger. It's what I use to point to the broken things and ask DH to fix them.

Seriously I am not to be trusted with most tools so I'll go with DH's cordless drill. I can manage that most times!

Your a lot like my wife... But several Christmas's ago I bought her Pink Girly Tools in a Pink Bag and she loved it. She does some stuff now that she has her own tools.

41yQIa1a8XL._SY400_.jpg

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is the sort of thread that tempts me. Trouble is, I can be deeply thankful at any particular moment (or work session) that someone designed this or that hand tool... but it's "the tool of the hour" if you know what I mean. Whatever it may be, it just does an essential job that I need to be doing at that time.:love:love
What a question!:barnie

Hand Tools.jpg

Cases in point... These have each often been my favorite of the moment. Left to right, hand-grip scissors (save fatigue and finger chafing), Japanese-style fine-cutting saw (cuts on the pull stroke), adjustable open-end ("crescent") wrench, Stillson pipe wrench, Picquic screwdriver (has 7 of the most common tips, which are hex-shanked and can be fit into an electric drill or electric screwdriver).

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
For the most frequently used? My cordless drill. For one I carry in my pocket on all chore days, it's my utility knife. I keep a blade dispenser on the wall of the shed, has 50 ct. of blades in it.

Most frequently used tool of all on this place? Zip ties.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My favorite hand tool? That is a hard question. I'm like @Joel_BC on that question, it depends on what I am doing at the time.

One of my favorites is a bow saw. I had two, one belonged to my Daddy, I treasure it. I gave the other one to a neighbor, then because I only had one, I had to get another one. It's a pretty green one from HF and it came with 2 extra blades.

image_16343.jpg

I like to keep hand tools, there may come a time when the fancy-dangled electric ones won't work.....

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'd have to say my (husband's) rechargeable drill is my favorite. It's very lightweight, and I use it all the time as a drill and also as a screwdriver, and to cut holes in things (like ventilation holes in the chicken houses.) I use it more than any other tool that we have.