What's your hot beverage of choice during the winter?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hot cocoa with a splash of vanilla. I like the Mexican vanilla in the big bottles, so I can use more of it! The little bottles in the spice section for $$$$$ just don't last!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
baymule said:
Hot cocoa with a splash of vanilla. I like the Mexican vanilla in the big bottles, so I can use more of it! The little bottles in the spice section for $$$$$ just don't last!
Spend about $15 and order some from vanilla products usa... they have the best sampler-30 beans for $12.50(plus shipping) then they send you 10 more for free as a bonus and just make your own vanilla. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. I have about 8 beans sliced open in a swig top liter of cheap vodka.. when you use some you just add a bit more vodka to the bottle.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Emerald said:
baymule said:
Spend about $15 and order some from vanilla products usa... they have the best sampler-30 beans for $12.50(plus shipping) then they send you 10 more for free as a bonus and just make your own vanilla. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. I have about 8 beans sliced open in a swig top liter of cheap vodka.. when you use some you just add a bit more vodka to the bottle.
Thanks!!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh ya! I got the bigger package, got one pound free (about 200 beans) for $29 w/ shipping. Great beans, got some in 2 bottles of cheap vodka, the longer they sit, the better it is. Great place to do business with, too!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Oh ya! I got the bigger package, got one pound free (about 200 beans) for $29 w/ shipping. Great beans, got some in 2 bottles of cheap vodka, the longer they sit, the better it is. Great place to do business with, too!
I know-they were so good and quick and the price couldn't be beat..(I almost feel like a spammer I tell so many folks about them! Maybe I should ask for a credit for helping their business! lol). Hoping to buy more for gifts next time I buy and more to cook with.
And the two different kinds they have do have different flavors and smell different. I have the ones I haven't used yet vac-packed in mason jars and they are doing just great. It will be a year(I think) since I ordered as I remember getting them in time for desserts for Thanksgiving and solstice. Buttery danish with vanilla cream cheese filling on one and cream cheese blueberry on the other.
I love the recipe from Baking with Julia. I think it is just called Dutch Danish. it can be found online.
OH.... what were we talking about..... That's right.. hot yummy warming drinks... I love my coffee but I am having hot peppermint tea with chamomile right now... went to dinner and it is just not sitting that well. but the tea sure helps.
We also picked up some cocoa for hot chocolate too! :drool