What's your oldest working appliance, not including spouse?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
ChickaD said:
Although they're not an appliance, I still depend daily on my mom's Revere Ware Copper Clad stainless steel pans & lids. She gave them to me when we married 30 yrs ago; they had been a wedding gift of hers in '41...67 years ago! :)
That's wonderful to hear! We are using our same set since the mid 1970's! I love them! My sister got a piece of the new Revere stuff. She said it is made in China and is junk!

Helena

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Sunbeam mixer from the 60s. Revereware from the same period, but they're not appliances.
Have some single utensils that are much older, but they're not appliances, either.

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
Fun to see this thread revived! :D
A week ago when visiting my MIL, I had to use her iron, which is an OLD G.E. non-steam flat iron, complete with the cloth-covered cord! (I didn't think it'd be a great idea to point out that it's an antique! :rolleyes:)

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have my Grandmother's Krumkaka and Rosette- I know I didn't spell that right- irons. Do they count. They were her mothers so they have now gone through four generations. I don't know if you can count them as an appliance though.

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I mostly have new-ish things, thanks to the influx of kitchen stuff we got at our wedding. In fact, I can't really think of an old appliance in my kitchen. Bummer! I have very old cookbooks, and some chopsticks my sister brought back from a trip to China 15 years ago or so. And metal mixing bowls that were used in a theatrical production 7 years ago, and we stole them after the show closed. But my appliances are almost all new. Hm.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I guess the oldest working appliance in my house is ME since I can't count DH and besides, I am older
(Only by a few months but...he looks older). LOL

Really, I guess the oldest appliance is my gas stove. Its only 15 years old and I would not give it up for the world. I also have my grandmothers wood cook stove but its not in the house even though it still works. Well, it works if I chop the kindeling and light the fire.

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
It's fun to hear what you're using that's been around a while (this is such a comfy forum, it doesn't really matter if it's an appliance or not, IMHO)...and in some cases, is nicer to work with than newer things...advertisers will never agree with that concept, will they?! :rolleyes:
I was just realizing that according to some definitions, I could qualify as an antique! :th

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Cuisinart food processor, I have used it A LOT in the 14 years I have had it.

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My microwave was manufactured in October of 1981. My iron is much older it did not even come with a cloth chord. It has to be heated on a stove.