What's your oldest working appliance, not including spouse?

NurseNettie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Until this year, I've always rented, so major appliances were never mine. The stove, fridge, dryer and chest freezer came with the house we bought- which is only 25 years old. I'd say the appliances are 10 years or less.

We do, however, have an old electric meat grinder and electric meat slicer that my mother in law gave us. She had them in the attic for years-- hubby says she may have used them once or twice when he was a kid-- he's 45. I'll have to pull out the paperwork on them or check the boxes to see if I can find out how old they are.

They both work- we just haven't used them yet.

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
It's so neat to be part of a group (forum) that thinks it's satisfying to own and use older things! :clap

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ooooh! Just remembered, I have a 19th century knife in its case, that a friend who sifts through donations somewhere put aside for us. We don't ever use it, but now THAT's old. Too old to use, kind of... we more keep it around because it's awesome.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ScottyG said:
Ooooh! Just remembered, I have a 19th century knife in its case, that a friend who sifts through donations somewhere put aside for us. We don't ever use it, but now THAT's old. Too old to use, kind of... we more keep it around because it's awesome.
I agree. That's awesome! I love old stuff.

Cassandra