Who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4 weekend?

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am curious who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4th weekend. I will be attending one held in St Albans, a town 30 miles from where I live. Vermont will be having 6 TEA Parties around the state, Most of the sites are new from the 2 sites that we had for the TAX DAY TEA Party. I hope this indicates that the movement is growing in our state. I figured it will only take a few hours out of my holiday weekend, and considering all that others have done through out these past 233 years to insure that I had freedom, I can give those few hours in an attempt to get the governments attention regarding their shredding the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What's the deal with the 4th of July? Apart from it being my MIL's birthday :D.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is supposed to be a big one near us and i would love to attend but i will be at the fire station, eagerly awaiting the devastating barrage of nukes that the Korean tug boat kim jam chong will unleash on the USA. what a bunch of goobs, they cant even spell nuke let alone build one. :lol: :gig

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Again, no.
I appreciate the freedoms as much as you do but don't feel guilted into a attending a tea party for "a few hours" sponsored by people whose ideas I don't agree with.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Guilt? Why should you be guilted into anything? We each have our plans for celebrating the fourth. I hope you enjoy your plans for the fourth, what ever they may be. I will enjoy mine. I was just asking a question and maybe my patriotism took over. That is one of the things that is great about this country, it is still legal to have diverse views and opinions and peacefully act on them, if you wish.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
it is still legal to have diverse views and opinions and peacefully act on them
For now anyway :p

Colorado has quite a few, but for some weird reason the Colorado Springs people are marching in a parade in another town. How goofy is that?

Reaction score
Enjoy. we're going to work on a new chicken coop and have a barbecue, then fireworks.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ticks said: VT-chicklit...
Have fun... St. Albans is a dirt ol' nasty town/city.
Gee ticks, I have never found St Albans to be as you described. For a town its size, it is clean and NOT nasty. The park in the center is lovely and we enjoy the farmers market there on Saterdays. We are trying to maintain a downtown and so far it has been successful. There is a hospital, a high school, grade school, several moderately large businesses (Energizer and Mylan) many small businesses, a small branch of the Community College of Vt, several farms, the town beach on Lake Champlain and more. None of this sounds dirty or nasty. I don't know where in Vt you live, but obviously you look down on St Albans from your lofty perch.