whole lotta shakin goin on!!!

jess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned about the hurricane headed for the East Coast on top of this. You all look close for signs of structural damage!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I read people in Greeley felt it, but I imagine they didn't feel it until after they heard about the earth quake and wanted some attention.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I didn't feel it. ;) :idunno

Glad everyone is ok.

g
:gig That doesn't count......you're on the wrong coast for this one! Although you have more quake experience than the rest of us.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
jess said:
I'm a little concerned about the hurricane headed for the East Coast on top of this. You all look close for signs of structural damage!
That's good advice Jess. DH is glued to the news at the moment. I'll be heading out here shortly and we'll take a good look at the house. DH said the quake shook him out of bed.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In 1971, I was stationed in Camp Pendleton, CA with the Marines. One afternoon while I was on duty on the rifle range, I was sitting with the guy who was the armorer (fixes weapons) and he said, "ya know doc, I got this funny feeling that I think it's about time we had a good old fashioned earth quake" :ep and I heard him but kind of ignored it because I knew nothing of earthquakes having grown up in Baltimore, MD.

The next morning after breakfast in the mess hall (something I never did because I liked my own cooking better) I was waiting for the truck to pick me up to take me out to the range and the building started to shake quite unlike anything I could ever have imagined in my life while I was talking on the phone. I immediately asked the NCO on the phone if it was me or was the building shaking and he said :idunno "I think its the building" but then I realized he was in a different building a long way from me.

Two things went through my mind (and neither of them was one of the bricks in the building). :th

First, I decided NEVER to drink the chow hall coffee again, :lol: and secondly, when I got to the range I made that armorer PROMISE me if he ever got that "FEELING" again that he would call me COLLECT!!!! :bow

Nothing happened here in South Dakota. HOpe all are well in MD/VA and CO.
Trim sends
//BT//

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I didn't feel it - but E said he did and our whole house was shaking.

I was in a gymnasium with 500 screaming kids and about 9 bounce houses.

I would have probably preferred the earthquake!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok so this just came to mind. Since I am canning. :p

How are your pantrys??? No not Panties!!! Pantrys!!! Any issues with shelving? I have a 3 1/2 inch facing board on my shelves. Hopefully to keep the jars on in case of an earthquake. Did anyone have any problems??

g

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My box of chocolates wasn't affected at all!! :D

Latest posts