whole lotta shakin goin on!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We didn't feel it but my folks did....my dad thought he was dizzy at first! But our old dog who is scared of storms came over to dh and got clingy, and I was out hanging laundry and the goats started baa-ing but not an anything in particular. Strange and interesting!

Another small tornado touched down in a nearby town here last night, in a wooded area.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i missed the whole thing too! but i did feel a little dizzy - i just thought i needed more coffee and ice cream.

Dog#2 was all worked up and really clingy... the cats were completely unaffected.

Bourbon Red reported that lights in their house were swinging....and he was woken up from napping on the couch (slacker).

;-)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
I read people in Greeley felt it, but I imagine they didn't feel it until after they heard about the earth quake and wanted some attention.
I agree with you. we live south of greeley and didnt feel a thing last nite. i didnt even know about until this thread :rolleyes:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I read people in Greeley felt it, but I imagine they didn't feel it until after they heard about the earth quake and wanted some attention.
:gig Boy does abi know Colorado or WHAT?!?!

My box of chocolates wasn't affected at all!!
I am wrapping mine in bubble wrap. I'm not going to take any more chances!

:lol:

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I find it very interesting that these were not major fault lines. Also, they are on either side of the New Madrid fault line. I know they aren't connected to Madrid in any way but no matter what, you are moving earth when this happens.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Growing up in California, I went through a lot of earthquakes, large and small. My most vivid memory though is of the 89 quake (that's the one where the freeway collapsed). We were living in a mobile home park at the time, and our house got the shivers... we lost everything on a set of brick and board shelves that disintegrated, but that was all. HOWEVER... a home that was just 50 yards away, but oriented in a different direction (facing north, while ours faced west) was completed shaken off its foundation until it was resting on top of the owner's Volvo. Amazingly, when the house was moved back onto it's foundation later, the only damage to the car was a little mild crumpling of the roof. I always thought the owner should have contacted Volvo with the story; I'm sure that Volvo would have paid them to use the story for their advertising.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that there were earthquackes today in both colorado and Virgina?????
wifezilla glad to know you are alright... and everyone else too..
I wonder if we can have earthquakes here in texas... I know we have a fault line that runs through waco. Plus it runs right under Lake Waco I think.. We are within walking distance to the Lake waco Dam.