whole lotta shakin goin on!!!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been having alot of news coverage here about these quakes. They've been saying the difference between west coast & east coast quakes are that here on the west side we have alot of fault lines that absorb alot of the shaking, but on the east side it's more solid bedrock with less cracks/fault lines to lessen any quaking. It may have only been a 5.8, but would have felt alot stronger.

Earthquakes can happen ANYWHERE, it's just much less common.

As for chocolate.......well........I paniced and ate all mine :lol:

500 screaming kids and 9 bouncy houses??????? OMG, that's where the epicenter was...are you alright QA???? :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We felt it here in my small town and the effects were spotty with one person's house shaking pics off the walls but the neighbor didn't feel a thing. I happened to be in the shower room at the local nursing home with a few of my patients and it was the perfect room for hearing and feeling the quake...sort of a rolling rumble and general vibration of all surfaces. People out in the halls didn't feel a thing but people in smaller, enclosed rooms felt the quake. Weird.

I bet folks from CA are just shaking their heads and laughing at us Eastern folks because it was such big news... and they must get them all the time. :p

It was kinda neat...I've only felt one other here and it just shook the bed a little, enough to wake us up. Found out the next day there had been a quake in NY or some such place. This one yesterday was felt from Canada down to Georgia, so it must have been a good little shake down.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow No were not laughing Bee. ;)

From what I saw a lot of the buildings in Va did not fare very well. It makes me happy Ca has such strict building codes for earthquake safety.

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm 35 miles from the epicenter and me and the kids were bouncing up and down on the floor of the living room....it totally screwed up our game of Candy Land but otherwise we are okay!

Latest posts