Whole30 Diet

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are starting a Whole30 Diet today. No dairy, no grains of any kind, no sugars or sugar substitutes, no legumes, but snow peas and green beans are ok, just not the seeds (beans or peas). It's a meat and vegetable diet. Almost ALL processed foods have sugar in them. A lot of label reading and putting it back.

I bought all 4 of the books, 2 cookbooks in the lot and we started off the morning with scrambled eggs with mushrooms and green onions and pan sausage. No toast.

We have played around with it since Thanksgiving, but wouldn't commit until after the holidays were over. We ate our last pieces of key lime pie last night. LOL Our son in law did the Whole30 from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas. He feels better, lost some weight and his clothes fit better. He says he will stay on some form of this diet the rest of his life in order to eat healthier.

We have two freezers full of meat. Half a grass fed steer, lamb, chicken and home raised pork. Also corn, purple hull peas and butterbeans which are not on the diet. :hit But we have turnip greens, mustard greens and collards in the freezer and lots of canned tomatoes.

So here we go!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lunch today was cubed ham sautéed with mushrooms and red onion.

Supper tonight was home raised chicken breast, home grown/ home made smoked pork sausage sautéed with onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Seasoned with garlic, oregano, basil and Redmond sea salt. DH added salted, smoked almonds to the slaw.

img_2297-jpg.23860

Really would like a big glass of chocolate milk, a brownie and half a loaf of bread......

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
EVERYTHING BAGEL CAULIFLOWER ROLLS

MAKES 8 ROLLS

START TO FINISH: 50 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS

1 medium head cauliflower, riced (4 cups)

⅓ cup almond flour

1 teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon kosher salt

3 large eggs, lightly whisked

3 tablespoons “everything bagel” spice

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with nonstick spray.

2. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with the almond flour, garlic powder and salt. Mix in the whisked eggs to combine.

3. Divide the mixture into 8 even pieces and roll into balls. Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “everything bagel” spice.

4. Bake until the rolls are golden brown around the edges and dry to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes.

5. Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then carefully transfer to a rack to cool completely.

cauli rolls.png

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain! After being on my diet for however long, I now can eat what I want. Tonight I ate some ice cream... It was gross. Way way too sweet and I ate about 2 bites. My plan is to keep my newfound taste buds and take advantage of enjoying healthier food! Lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today for lunch we had leftover pork roast, a green salad and fruit medley. I sectioned two grapefruit, cut up a mango, added 2 cups of frozen blueberries we picked in July, shredded unsweetened coconut and pecans. We'll eat the rest of the fruit tonight. Yummy!

img_2391-jpg.23987

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: Still cauliflower -- which I like -- but it will never make it for rice pudding. Just for example....:p Yep, cruel to mention such a creamy, delight when you are diet changing.

So, is eggplant on your Whole30? Of course eggplant parm is favorite but, I also like them cubed & saute with garlic & olive oil. Prefer over pasta but, also good "as is". It can be mashed and makes a nice spread/dip, also. Throw some other veggies in the stir fry -- tomatoes, yum. Good nutritionally.

Dang, I just want to PLANT things and we both have SNOW!! Mine is arriving today...same system you just had. Thanks. I'm gonna wear out the seed package if I keep shuffling them. The colored corn kernels are so pretty. :hide Minimum of 6 weeks before I can even get peas in the ground. :he :idunno I am in garden distress :caf

How sad is this? I cut cherry tomatoes for a BLT because they have the most flavor of grocery offerings this time of year. HAD to have a BLT. :lol: :drool

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like to take eggplant and slice it in rounds, pre-bake it until it's soft then top it with a spoonful of jarred pasta sauce, parm or mozzarella cheese, maybe pepperoni or sausage - or no meat at all - and we call it pizza-ish. Pretty tasty to the diabetic hubbie who doesn't really get to eat pizza.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I get a crazy craving for some sweet baked thing I go ahead and cook it, eat a piece or so, cut it into individual serving pieces, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. I make sure to put them in the big freezer in the garage so they aren't easily accessible. In fact, I came across some cheesecake bars yesterday that I froze before Christmas.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, we did it. We completed our Whole30 and have done a good job of staying off so much sugar. DH still craves sweets, me-it's the chocolate! But we are better about it. I lost 3 pounds, DH lost 9 pounds. We have eaten better and healthier. Tomorrow is Super Bowl, we invited a friend over and I'm going to cook chili and go for all the goodies, cheese, fritos and chopped onions. We are taking a small break, then back on the diet.

My weight is 145, DH is 225.