Wifezilla's Rampage - Weekend Update w/ pics

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Dragon flies are a VERY good sign. It means your pond is healthy enough to attract bugs laying eggs. The rosy minnows making babies is another good sign. Bog filters and biofilters I think are the key to a healthy pond. They mimic a natural healthy pond by using beneficial bacteria, plant life and oxygen to keep the water from getting nasty.

Most people with ponds go the chemical route and then can't understand why their fish are dead or their pond is full of sludge.

The 2012 issue (it's from the FUTURE!!!*) of Ponds and Water Gardens USA that I picked up at Big R has an excellent article on bog filtering. You can also google SKIPPY FILTERS. I have used modified versions of both and both work.

*insert Brian Reagan voice imitation here.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
... and their larva eat mosquito larva! :D
:thumbsup

Yeppers. It's really sad how few dragonflies you see in mosquito infested areas in northern Colorado. They bug bomb for the mosquitos, kill the bats and dragonflies, and wonder why people are getting sick. :rolleyes:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
ACK! My hand is old today. I am having an acute attack of arthritis in my right hand. Doesn't happen often but I am going to turn 48 this fall. I have had joint swelling off and on for years. Episodes have been few and far between lately, but today, my right thumb is swollen and my hand just aches. The changing weather isn't helping. I feel like Granny Clampett. "Storm's a brewin'!" Maybe I just read some rumatiz medicine!

@
| |
/ \
|xxx|
\___/

:gig

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
ACK! My hand is old today. I am having an acute attack of arthritis in my right hand. Doesn't happen often but I am going to turn 48 this fall. I have had joint swelling off and on for years. Episodes have been few and far between lately, but today, my right thumb is swollen and my hand just aches. The changing weather isn't helping. I feel like Granny Clampett. "Storm's a brewin'!" Maybe I just read some rumatiz medicine!

@
| |
/ \
|xxx|
\___/

:gig
You do NOT get to be old. Nuh uh no way no how. Not if I turn 48 in 10 days! Snap out of it! I feel ya on the joint pains though. They're fewer now that I've gone GF/low carb but still, sometimes stuff just hurts! Pass that bottle would ya!

Wifezilla

Reaction score
granny_clampett.jpg

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Now the pointy finger and the middle finger are starting to get sore and puffy. There had better be a serious thunderstorm or something to justify this!!!!!

Trying to think if I ate anything I might be reacting to, but I have actually been a very good girl lately.

:somad