Wifezilla's Rampage - Weekend Update w/ pics

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Hee hee hee....the libertarian in me recognized the libertarian in you. I think Jefferson would be one if he were around now. The more local the election the more libertarian I become....

Did ICU4Dz win his election, has anyone heard?

Uh oh, am I being too political? I think we can talk about it on the journals right?

I don't think WZ will report me if I wave a libertarian flag here on her journal. :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I should have put a sign on the door...

"Political Talk Welcome....unless you are a lying piece of crrrapppp."

So I guess that means politicians can't participate :D

Wifezilla

Reaction score
With all that hot air coming out of him I am surprised we haven't all melted already.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
The pond lost water three times in the last week. Not all the water but about half. The way I have it set up all the water won't be lost if there is an issue...but still. About 250 gallons lost 3 times adds up.

The issue all three times was leaves from the neighbor's tree blowing in to the pond and clogging the main outflow AND the backup. Grrrrrrrr! So I spent the last hour scrounging materials and made leaf guards out of some scrap pieces of plastic hardware cloth. Hopefully that will solve the issue, but our next water bill is going to suck.

Luckily the fish don't seem to be bothered. The rosy minnows in the pond have reproduced and there are a lot of fry swimming around. I love rosies. They are 10 cents each. I get two dozen at the beginning of the spring and toss them in the pond. They live on algae and mosquito larvae so I don't even have to feed them. They reproduce like mad and all the extras become duck snacks.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
And they pay their keep eating skeeters!

Today is wonderfully slow at work and cloudy and cool breeze outside. Corwyn said not south so i guess it is hot there still?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Sorta...but not nearly as hot as yesterday.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Are you seeing any atmospheric effect from the smoke from the AZ fires up in the Springs?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Lots of haze and some very spectacular sunsets. Sometimes the air smells like a BBQ gone horribly wrong. There is a layer of dust on everything. I am going through a lot of spray cleaner :p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
A buddy of mine out there sent me some pictures of the sunsets. I haven't been out that way in over a year now - pretty scenery.

I have a hard time visualizing the impact of the smoke.