Will you pray for a stranger? UPDATE 8-24 HE'S AWAKE!! post 28

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's why, when I pray for someone in this situation, I pray for their recovery only if it's because they don't know the Lord, so that they may have an opportunity to come to Him.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
That's why, when I pray for someone in this situation, I pray for their recovery only if it's because they don't know the Lord, so that they may have an opportunity to come to Him.
As I am sure they would pray for you to believe what they believe.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I pray the man doesn't have to suffer long,if its as bad as Icu4dzs described.I just hope the mom and family can find peace after such a sudden and unexpected event.This must have been hard to watch Wannabefree, i know i hate seeing things like that happen to people, although i know it happens everyday , all around us.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Still no further word on Steven's condition. I do not believe he will improve shy of a miracle. That being said, Gods will be done.

I did find out he is in his early 40's....though he did NOT look it at all :hu

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
OrganicKale said:
Denim Deb said:
Im' sorry, call me dense, but, if they don't believe in God, what would they be praying to? Especially if they don't believe in anything?

D Deb, that is a great way to look at things. I always pray for God's will to be done.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
OrganicKale said:
Denim Deb said:
Im' sorry, call me dense, but, if they don't believe in God, what would they be praying to? Especially if they don't believe in anything?

D Deb, that is a great way to look at things. I always pray for God's will to be done.
:yuckyuck Sorry...that just struck me as incredibly funny. Who prays that doesn't pray to God?! :lol:

And yes, Deb, that is the best way to look at it.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
OrganicKale said:
Denim Deb said:

I am saying they may not be praying to YOUR God. Everyone's beliefs are different and you can't just assume that because someone is not Christian, they don't believe in anything.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Okay...anyway...can we please stay on topic here?

Steven is AWAKE and RESPONDING :woot I just heard this an hour or so ago and couldn't wait to get home to update this thread!! Regardless, whether this means he will live or not, there is hope, and hope is beautiful! :weee :weee I know this is a touchy time, with head injuries and things of that nature it always is, and I am still praying for Gods will. I am just SO happy for the family!!! I was told when his family walked in, he did not recognize any of them except his dad. I have no idea what that means, and do not think he is capable of speaking at this time, but was told he responded to his dad by moving his hand. If this is indeed the beginning of recovery, it is going to be a loooooong road, much like the recovery of severe stroke victims I would think. So, please, those who are praying, keep it up :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Crud...forgot to say too that he is OFF the ventilator!! I was just so excited to post that he was responsive... :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:clap YEAH...that is awesome news. Thanks be to God, our Heavenly Father! More prayers going up. :fl