Will you pray for a stranger? UPDATE 8-24 HE'S AWAKE!! post 28

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OrganicKale said:
miss_thenorth said:
OrganicKale said:
As I am sure they would pray for you to believe what they believe.
Im' sorry, call me dense, but, if they don't believe in God, what would they be praying to? Especially if they don't believe in anything?

D Deb, that is a great way to look at things. I always pray for God's will to be done.
I am saying they may not be praying to YOUR God. Everyone's beliefs are different and you can't just assume that because someone is not Christian, they don't believe in anything.
A plant does not havet to believe in photosynthesis for it to happen. It just does. :old

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is encouraging news, WBF; at least, I'm sure it will bring hope to the family.

In regards to praying, as it is a very personal activity & it is not my place to criticize how or even if an individual prays, I will only say that in a case like this, my usual prayer is a request to restore this person to health, but if that is not Your will, then ease his/her pain & suffering, & bring peace to his/her loved ones. Obviously, if it is God's will that a person dies, no amount of praying will prevent it. IMVHO, no offense to anyone intended.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
God has a whole lot of stuff He's attending to; and we don't understand all the convolutions of His plans. Sometimes something bad has to happen in order for something wonderful to happen.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us posted on his progress.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
old fashioned said:
:clap YEAH...that is awesome news. Thanks be to God, our Heavenly Father! More prayers going up. :fl
Yes!! ditto!! OUR God is so good!!
Amen. :)