Winter already?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok back on topic :) I think this weather sign was made by someone higher than a kite.

c7ceoaagowojgcca9spp.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CBD? Hubby has been drinking Seltzer water. The quinine in it does a great job for his night time Charlie Horses.

Hyland's leg cramp pills have natural quinine. Mom takes those when she gets a cramp. 2 under the tongue for fast absorption. She and my great aunt very much recommend them over seltzer water. Mom has nerve damage in her spine and diabetic neuropathy setting in. All misfiring nerves.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Hey if it works, then more power to you. I wrenched my lower back Monday. I have no clue what I did but instead of trying snake oil. Today I just had my son pick me up from around the chest and quickly drop me, then stop me right before me feet hit the floor. The second time he did this he and my wife heard a loud pop and I felt my spine snap back into place. I'm so happy that pain is gone, I could hardly walk it was so bad. Son told me i'm stubborn because i should have called him to come snap my back Monday when I wrenched it, instead of waiting until Friday.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@CrealCritter there is a similar weather rock outside a filling station in Oudtshoorn, South Africa. I always smiled when I saw it.

There are shops here that sell CBD oil and I found very "low grade" marijuana for sale in some more adventurous shops as well. Apparently that is legal, but having looked at the product, I can tell it's not as mild as the package claims! In case you're wondering, my ex-DH is into that kind of stuff, I'm not a fan personally, but I heard wonderful things about its uses for pain and nausea relief.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Back to the weather, our average temperatures dropped about about 5C, but it's still comfortably above freezing. Not bad for January.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey if it works, then more power to you
I've never used it, or even heard of it, before someone asked about it here. Just posted the link as an "FYI."

However, I'm open to new ideas and products after some research. I never thought using "sports tape" would help my problems with a torn tendon - but it definitely works. Never would have believed it until I tried it. :)

Weather here is GORGEOUS! Pure blue sky, no wind to speak of. Temp is 44 right now and headed for a high of 68 or so. No rain in sight!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My orthopedist suggested I try CBD for my arthritis; it works like a charm. She said that the reason they have so many different pain relief options is because none of them work for everybody... you have to experiment to find the one that works best for you. Since our county finally agreed that cannabis is legal to grow, I bought some seeds for plants that were specifically high CBD and low THC (which is the compound that gets you high). CBD works better if you have at least a small amount of THC mixed in. I have some ready to put into olive oil; after about 6 weeks it will be ready to make a salve with beeswax or coconut oil, or I can use some of it internally if I need it.

Latest posts