Wisconsin Roll Call

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi ya! Jefferson here. I have a raised bed and a love for canning. We plan to get some fruit trees and another raised bed in this spring. We like to take advantage of You pick farms and Madison's Awesome farmers market.

Farmer Kitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Central WI here. We have a dairy farm and chickens. I grow a good sized garden and love to can the produce.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Eau Claire, WI. We have 15 chickens, large gardens, a small orchard..Planning another one. Love to garden, preserve food and sew. Going to do better this year!:)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My dh is from WI also, Monticello. They had a dairy farm there. He still has family & friends in the area and Lodi, Albany, Janesville, New Glarus & Stoughton(sp?). His aunt & uncle owned a cheese factory outside of Monticello fr many yrs too the Silver Lewis cheese factory. Beautiful country in the summer(only time I was there).

dragonshiner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Peshtigo here. Just outside of Marinette and 45 minutes north of Green Bay. We've got a 5 acre farmette and lots of poultry. I used to be from Wausau so I went from city boy to country boy in almost an instant. It's been interesting.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Welcome, dragonshiner :)

I just learned today that Wisconsin is losing 30,000 acres of farmland PER YEAR! So glad to see so many of us holding onto a bit of that and putting it to good use.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! So many from Wisconsin!

I have 1DH and 2 children. We have a dairy farm and also have chickens and pigs. The pigs will taste good this fall and the chickens are for eggs and meat. We have considered lambs for meat but, I'm afraid the kids will become to attached to them. In the past we have done turkeys and ducks also.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Eau Claire here! I think my roommate and I have 15 species of animals, if you count things in aquariums. :lol:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Welcome, Tortoise!

It's fun to read old posts here. Since my first post, I actually have those bees now (and turkeys). :) How are the rest of you Wisconsinites doing? Hasn't the last 2 weeks finally given us some excellent weather?