Wisconsin Roll Call

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm another cross over from BYC! LOL Guess it's the link there that draws us.

I live in the Burlington area, have most of my life. DH and I just bought our first house together (in Oct.) even though we've been married for over 22 years. (2nd round for both of us) Took us 3 years to find "the right place"! We now have our chickens, more garden space than I ever dreamed and an acre of A1 zoned land (and a 1/2+ acre of residential) Not huge, but considering we're almost 60, it's enough.

For most of my life we lived bordering on the poverty line so "making do" has always been a way of life, now that we can "indulge" slightly more, I found I just can't bring myself do it. At least not much. What can I say... I've learned to hate waste!

Our goals here are to not only become as self sufficient as we can, but to help provide for our children's families as well.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome Annette, we are not to far from each other!

And hello Cindlady2. Congratulations on getting a new house!

KFaye

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Genessee. New to this group. 20 chickens wait nope down to 18 as of today. Trying to re-home my roos. Ended up with too many on my straight run group this spring.
4 dogs, 4 kids and wanting angora goats. Love to garden for veggies and fruit .

ChaneyLakegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Better late than never to the party. I've been lurking a while and finally registered. I live east of Fond du Lac, many folks say we live in the middle of nowhere, but the city dwellers really have no idea what the middle of no where is like, this isn't it.

That said, we are no where near self sufficient, but trying to garden/can more and trying to find ways to do more things for ourselves. Baby steps.

Lora

Latest posts