Would the FDA close down your kitchen?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well . . . I am just :ep BBH! I'm never eating at your house ever again! :lol:

I don't own a dishwasher, so I think that would be enough to make our kitchen considered a biohazard. :p Then there are:

1. Wooden cutting boards
2. Dinner sometimes left out to cool overnight, because I don't stay up long enough to put it in the fridge after it cools
3. Food used after expiration dates, as long as it doesn't look or smell suspicious
4. Cat plates washed in the same sink as the human dishes
5. Use of bleach avoided as much as possible
6. Food scraps for composting left in a container in the kitchen, sometimes an open container!!!!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
6. Food scraps for composting left in a container in the kitchen, sometimes an open container!!!!!
wait! this is bad!?!?!? oh no!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

what about random acts of cat barf?
;-)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
I am soooo glad this thread is here. I am not embarrased anymore and know I am not alone, I can relate to almost everyone. BBH, I have yet to shave a dog hiney in my kitchen, but give me time....:D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My cat's favorite place to barf is from the top of the fridge. :sick

Delia, isn't it liberating to air our dirty laundry? Oh that reminds me I also wash my skivvies in the kitchen sink. Do you still want that kombucha? :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
what about random acts of cat barf?
On the floor or the counter-tops?

Ohhhhh . . . that reminds me. On NPR they were asking people what their weirdest Thanksgiving holiday traditions were, and some lady called in and said that one year a brussel sprout fell off the serving platter in the kitchen and the dog got a hold of it, I guess took a bite out of it, and she put it back on the platter and apparently someone at the table ate it! Well, now it is a holiday tradition for them to knock a brussel sprout on the floor and then put it back on the serving platter. :sick

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My cat's favorite place to barf is from the top of the fridge. :sick

Delia, isn't it liberating to air our dirty laundry? Oh that reminds me I also wash my skivvies in the kitchen sink. Do you still want that kombucha? :lol:
Yep, still want the kombucha, it will sit on the kitchen counter next to the sink of dog dishes.....

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I would be shut down so fast it would make your head spin!! LOL!

I have the kids coming in the kitchen with their boots on from just being in the chicken coop! Our main entrance to the house it right in the kitchen.
If it doesn't smell or look bad then it is still fair game no matter how long it was sitting out!
7, 10, and 12 yo's wash the dishes!!
Walked in on 10 yo who was supposed to be washing dishes stick his whole head down in the nasty dish water last week!! Gotta love kids!!
Ummm...we just processed a deer in our kitchen two days ago!
My mom cut her finger while she was helping cut up the deer!
When 10 yo DS got his hand caught in the chainsaw the first place we took him was the kitchen sink!
Baby girl gets a bath in the sink!

Hmmm...honestly I don't want to know what else goes on in my kitchen!

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
And we don't get food poisoning while my cleanliness nazi friends are always having tummy trouble. Hummmm...coincidence? LOL
Your friends must be know some of ours! Ours are the same way you could look for days and never find any dirt and they are always sick!!!!!

Steve