Would your extended family want to mooch off you?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
72 first cousins???? :ep
me too!! wow!!!!

i think i had 30ish first cousins.. who knows how many great-grands.

altho i hated being the youngest cousins... i'm really glad now that i came from a big family. it makes you get along and teaches you about working together.

the funny thing is.. my hubby is an only child of an only child (the MIL, of course). it doesnt come out very often, but wow you can see it in the MIL. she actually said one time "well i'm happy to i dont care about the rest of you."

as for would i let them in? i have told them all that "everybody plucks" - keeps the undesirables away and lets the good workers in. my bro and i have laughed about how he'll drive "mad max" style across country, slowing only to let us get the gates open before we man the gun turrets to keep the zombies out

;-)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think I like your brother :D

Is he single? My useless but adorable sister is too....

:gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
TanksHill said:
Yep, very fertile people on both sides. My dad had 10 sibs and my mom had 7. All but one had children!
NOW we know what they do in their spare time.......... :gig

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I actually have a cousin that I just hooked up with again (thank you facebook) who it turns out is also totally into the whole self-sufficient thing. Now this is actually kinda sad because I have well over 50 cousins and we all grew up together under my grandma's wing and she taught us all the same thing and this cousin and I are the only ones who took the lessons to heart but still....it's kinda cool that we can talk about canning and drying and gardening and chicken raising together. As for the other cousins...why, cuz Terry will take half and I'll take the other half and we'll all work together to create a couple of Barnes communes comprised of people who know how to be self-sufficient but have to re-learn everything.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
TanksHill said:
Yep, very fertile people on both sides. My dad had 10 sibs and my mom had 7. All but one had children!
54 cousins here-Irish Catholic family. Don't need to say much more about that do I? LOL!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
haven't read all the posts yet... had to post!
it's good that some people don't have mooching families! i wish i could say the same... but i'm 99% sure that if anything happened all my idiot's .... uh, i mean all my family ( :somad )... would rush to us...
i hate to think about it... it's gonna be terrible! :barnie :he :somad :rant :tongue :smack :hide :hit
^ thats my family... they'd all be fighting while a few would be out actually getting something accomplished...

i'm going to be building hidden food pantrys and root cellars on the back of the farm though. becuase i have a huge family and they are all ignorant, lazy, hogging,.... :somad #$@*%$#$#*%@#$!!!

*deep breath*
they ain't getting a thing from me or my hard work!

sorry for the rant... :/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Let it out here so you don't get arrested for choking them in person :D