wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

Dani4Hedgies

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Keeping fingers crossed for you that they are just being super careful because of your family history and that it warms up for you to get your butchering done.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have an appointment in two weeks to discuss the findings and make an appointment for a biopsy. It doesn't sound like it is too serious, but it was hard to get any real info out of the tech. What they are seeing is a cluster of "calcium dots" (not sure on the terminology) and they want to do a biopsy to check the area out. No lumps or tissue mass seen. I guess we will see what's up in a few of weeks.

However, this weekend is going to be fairly warm (40 degrees) so I hope to get the 5 month-old jumbo Cornish into the freezer. I have 3 of them in the barn. They are HUGE! Thankfully, they are still healthy and mobile. I do not recommend keeping broilers this long, life just keeps getting in the way.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Fingers crossed all will go well with the biopsy. Often these are just procedure to make sure and there is nothing to worry about, but it's best to check just in case. They won't tell you much until they've done the biopsy, to be on the safe side and protect themselves. I found this too with doctors, nurses, etc.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The hard part is waiting to find out if it is anything to be worried about. In the meantime, you worry about it. :barnie

5 month old Cornish? Oh, you gotta post pictures of before (alive) and after (dressed). Just keep one for Thanksgiving. Who needs a turkey when you have SUPER CHICKENS!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always 'pardon' at least one Cornish cross out of every batch. The last one I pardoned laid big ol' double yolked eggs. She lived for a couple years and was a real sweetheart.

Hope the biopsy goes well and you get your results quickly so you can stop worrying!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the needle biopsy found two tiny cancers - one was 1 millimeter and the other 2 millimeters. Stage 1 and stage 2.
Lumpectomy coming up soon ... hopefully it doesn't becomes stage 3 on me as i wait for surgery. The doctor feels they are slow growing so I should be fine - i chose to wait until after easter for surgery, hope i don't regret this decision.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow... not the outcome you wanted for sure. :hugs But it sure sounds like they found it early and that's always a good thing.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Both of mine were stage 1 and taken care of with just surgeries. Hope yours will be the same.