wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got one of the 6-month old meat birds butchered. The whole breast, with the bones but no skin, weighs 4.93 pounds. I will need to get a before and after weight on the other two.
I have been holding back on the food a little to keep them healthy. They have a nice layer of fat under the skin, but don't seem to be over fat like the one i butchered in the fall.
I was going to butcher all 3 but ended up talking with my sister well over an hour...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The lumpectomy was done on Wednesday, April 4th. I called the doctor for results on the lymph nodes that they removed - only too 2 so that was good. Lymph nodes were clear so cancer has not spread. Yay! such a relief. Bad news is that they need to go back in and remove a little more tissue, they found a little pre-cancerous tissue on the edge of what they took, so they will go in and remove that until they have "clean" margins. I can handle that.
Still does not think i will need chemo. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great news! You can definitely handle one more procedure to clear things up! Glad you've got the results and don't have to be in limbo anymore.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a relief! This is good news and I am glad for you. Another procedure and you'll be in the clear. Yes!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I has surge
ry on Tuesday morning.
The additional tissue was near the skin so the surgeon just removed the existing scar tissue and a flap of skin. He was very happy after the surgery, he thinks it went very well. I will wait for results, again.

We had over 2 feet of snow last weekend. With 50 mile per hour wind gusts, that blizzard was horrible. We have 4 foot snow banks all over the place. Including over the dog fence in a couple of spots. My 12 year old setter has decided to go walk-about twice now. Yesterday, Thursday, he decided to chase the geese on the neighbors pond. Of course, he went through the ice and I ended up wading in over knee deep to break up enough of the edge ice so he could swim to shore. I had to haul him out of the water and over the snow bank to solid ground. That was the heaviest 65 pound dog ever! He had to walk to the truck by himself because I was exhausted also.
We both we shivering for awhile after we got home. Wrapped up in a blanket

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never a dull moment it sounds like! Stupid snow - silly dog!

So glad your surgery went well! I know you will be on pins and needles until you get official results - but it sure does sound like it will be a good outcome!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for the support. They caught it early and our family is "strong" - my sisters doctors words. When my mom had cancer, they were able to try a lot of "new" treatments with her. At least for the time. I was 10 when she died, so that was way back in the 70's.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs If they catch it early, the prognosis is very good! Fingers crossed and please let us know when you get the results?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, please let us know the results. I am glad that the surgery went well for you. Big hugs.