wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure you're happy to be finished with the radiation! Sure hope it won't worse before it gets better - but if it does you can at least know it was the last one!

Hope your garden does well!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so glad that is done. I KNOW you are glad to have that behind you. Now on to bigger and better things. You have life to live.

Your garden sounds good. Working in the garden is good dirt therapy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs I'm sure you are glad that is over and done with now! Hope you will get to feel better and be able to put all this behind you soon.

Hope the garden will do well for you!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree with the others. Getting to ring that bell after treatment ends is a good, good thing. On to better things! I hope the journey brought you some new awareness and appreciation and some new friends. It's amazing what friends you can pick up when your travelling through the rough spots in life!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Woohoo on your last treatment!!!! Prayers for a complete healing.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, it has been confirmed - I am a Crazy Chicken Lady. The guy at Tractor Supply said he saw the glint in my eye when he offered me the Cornish-X chicks for 1/2 price. But only if I took all of them. So 15 chicks later ... I have my brooder full. I still need to pick up some new layers. When the freezer camp comes for these little buggers, I think my 5 old hens are going also. 3 aren't laying at all, 1 lays soft-shelled and 1 lays fairly regularly, but produces a higher percentage of meat-spot eggs than I like. Don't get me wrong, dogs like meat-spot eggs, but not so much for us.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got the cherries mostly canned - pie filling as usual, but tried a couple of new recipes; Danish Cherry Sauce and Cherry BBQ Sauce. The Danish Cherry Sauce is pretty good, it is not thickened before canning, recipe says to thicken it when you use it. I will be thickening it next year before canning. It is good in yogurt though. The BBQ sauce turned out pretty good, a couple of minor tweeks and it will be a regular canning item.
Been doing applesauce, tonight is the last canning run of that -until I buy apples for Apple Pie filling.
Right now I am looking at canning tomatoes. DH wants plain Canned Tomatoes, so I will make of those a dozen jars of those. My recipe is only for Pints though. I also want to make up some Tomato Sauce and try a new recipe for "Meatloaf Topping" that sounds pretty good.
I am looking for a recipe for Sloppy Joe sauce - bell peppers make me sick to my stomach, so store bought sloppy joe mix is a no go for me. I have been making homemade sloppy joes from scratch using the Betty Crocker recipe, but it would be really handy to have the sauce ready to go for quick meals after work. brown the ground beef and onions, dump in the sauce - easy peasy!