wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got some tomatoes canned up: not much, but some. The tomatoes didn't do so hot this year. My fault, I didn't get them staked up right away and weeds took over. The plants got diseased really bad and by fall most were just stems and tomatoes with a few green leaves at the top of the plant. Next year will be better - and putting a couple of plants in the greenhouse just for good measure.
I have been dealing with depression this summer. I guess, looking back, I have been depressed for a few years now. It finally really started to hit me hard this summer. Unemployment and high gas prices have me stuck at home in isolation. I am missing my neighborhood of friends back in Wyoming. The friends I have here are the wives of DH's friends - good people but not anyone I could just call up and gab with.
I am finishing up fall cleanup. Need to get my old flock of 7 hens into freezer camp and move the new flock to the coop. If the old flock wouldn't eat eggs, there are a couple I would like to keep, but I found the last Sagitta in coop breaking an egg open, so she is going. The white EE hen lays a very pretty blue egg, but she doesn't lay many eggs and is so skittish. She also refuses to leave the run and forage with the rest of the flock. Guess she will make good soup along with the rest. We are going ot have a little warm-up this weekend, so that will be on the To Do list.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got some tomatoes canned up: not much, but some. The tomatoes didn't do so hot this year. My fault, I didn't get them staked up right away and weeds took over. The plants got diseased really bad and by fall most were just stems and tomatoes with a few green leaves at the top of the plant. Next year will be better - and putting a couple of plants in the greenhouse just for good measure.
I have been dealing with depression this summer. I guess, looking back, I have been depressed for a few years now. It finally really started to hit me hard this summer. Unemployment and high gas prices have me stuck at home in isolation. I am missing my neighborhood of friends back in Wyoming. The friends I have here are the wives of DH's friends - good people but not anyone I could just call up and gab with.
I am finishing up fall cleanup. Need to get my old flock of 7 hens into freezer camp and move the new flock to the coop. If the old flock wouldn't eat eggs, there are a couple I would like to keep, but I found the last Sagitta in coop breaking an egg open, so she is going. The white EE hen lays a very pretty blue egg, but she doesn't lay many eggs and is so skittish. She also refuses to leave the run and forage with the rest of the flock. Guess she will make good soup along with the rest. We are going ot have a little warm-up this weekend, so that will be on the To Do list.
sorry you have been down all summer--isolated at home is not fun, I understand to a point--working from home and then only having stuff to do from home due to being out in the country and not have any family close stinks. Call me up, I will chat with you, lol--seriously

Stinks on the hens being egg eaters, stinkers. Good luck with culling, I just rehomed 4 chickens myself.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about your depression :hugs I can see why as you stated! Call your friends from your old. neighborhood 👍. Will do you good to touch base, with today's phones there's really no charge. 😄. Talk to US...everyday. We're here for you. We love to talk. 😁:old

Plus, you can hang up on us and we won't even know. :hide

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In Lindale I put up permanent tomato trellis. 3 cow panels, 20” apart, 18” off the ground, T-posted in place. I planted tomato plants and they grew themselves in the trellis. 3 cow panels gave me a double tomato row. Easy, don’t take them down, use every season.

Make it easy on yourself. Sorry you’re so lonely and depressed. We are here for you!

DF4C4FED-AFC0-4975-A8A9-8F1E020A0AC0.jpeg

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've had depression for years. I take a very small antidepressant and it keeps me more on an even keel. If you want to talk, I'm always available. I just moved yet again this past summer, and now that we are rural, no chance of getting any close friends.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Depression is not fun. Folks here can listen and hopefully help

Latest posts