wyodreamer - we're not in Wyo any more

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a dozen extra small eggs in the frisge from the new layer flock. How many small eggs do I use to make a cookie dough recipe that calls for 2 eggs?
Ugh a hard question. What type of small eggs-like bantam or other small chicken layer or small like a quail. Typically for the smaller layers or bantams, I think it is 1 and a half to 1 large egg, but I would just substitute the half of egg with some applesauce if you have it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ugh a hard question. What type of small eggs-like bantam or other small chicken layer or small like a quail. Typically for the smaller layers or bantams, I think it is 1 and a half to 1 large egg, but I would just substitute the half of egg with some applesauce if you have it.
I would probably just use 4 or 5 of the extra small eggs in total. I dunno

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think a normal large chicken egg is a 1/4 cup?
If so, I will measure them that way.

I asked google, it says 4 large eggs is 1 cup. So use enough small pullet eggs to fill the liquid measuring cup to 1/2 cup.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a dozen extra small eggs in the frisge from the new layer flock. How many small eggs do I use to make a cookie dough recipe that calls for 2 eggs?
Small eggs are 1.5 oz. Large eggs are 2 oz. I would use 3 small eggs for a recipe that calls for 2 large eggs. Its 0.5 oz over, but whatever

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am going to make cutout cookies for Halloween. I have cookie cutters that I bought 4 years ago and haven't used yet. Last week, I did an impulse buy of a cake decorating set - don't tell my DH. Figured it would be a good time to try them both out.