Ya all might wanna read up on EO13575.......

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
valmom said:
. . . but it doesn't sound too bad so far . . .
It's called big government intrusion. It's never good for the government to use other peoples money to gain a choke-hold on a group of people. Can you say Sufficient Self?

Redistribution of wealth means taking money from the people and giving it to the government.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
GB was just talking about it, for the sick twisted freaks out there... ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I catch him at 10:00 am mst on KXL. He is also in KHOW out of Denver at noon.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I caught him in the middle of it, but it's also discussed on The Blaze.

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
From the Executive Order itself...

Section 1. Policy. Sixteen percent of the American population lives in rural counties. Strong, sustainable rural communities are essential to winning the future and ensuring American competitiveness in the years ahead. These communities supply our food, fiber, and energy, safeguard our natural resources, and are essential in the development of science and innovation. Though rural communities face numerous challenges, they also present enormous economic potential. The Federal Government has an important role to play in order to expand access to the capital necessary for economic growth, promote innovation, improve access to health care and education, and expand outdoor recreational activities on public lands.

To enhance the Federal Government's efforts to address the needs of rural America, this order establishes a council to better coordinate Federal programs and maximize the impact of Federal investment to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in our rural communities.
Yeah, that's some scary stuff, there. :D

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It all SOUNDS good on the surface, but we all know things can be interpreted in different ways and it can later be taken to mean whatever they want it to mean. More specifics rather than generalities would be nice to read.

Giving the government carte-blanche is never a good idea, IMO.

As far as researching it, I haven't turned up much other than the order itself and apparently one single commentator's opinion. I read through the first three pages of google results and they were ALL the SAME article??? Can we say "plagiarism"? Or does no one else out there have their OWN opinion and input?

Sorry, but getting info at this point is proving to be frustrating.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
It all SOUNDS good on the surface, but we all know things can be interpreted in different ways and it can later be taken to mean whatever they want it to mean. ...

Giving the government carte-blanche is never a good idea, IMO.
That's my fear, too...it's written so vaguely that any gov. agency at any time can use it to justify pretty much anything it want to do. :(

I'm wondering what the REAL point of the EO is...what prompted the Feds to think it was necessary...? (I mean, besides a power grab.) :/

opal

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
*hesitates to post.. being such a newb here but
I ... Can't... Help... Myself....*
My first thought... how much ammo do we have right now?
second.. Wait.. isn't congress on break? I was relaxed until a minute ago
Third.. intrusion into states rights again.. not the feds job
and all those cabinet heads really need something else to stick their noses into? Really? Homeland security, out here in the sticks? I think we have that handled TYVM

ok.. I'll crawl back under a rock now

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
oh no they found us again.
the deeper into the woods and country-side we go, the harder the "gubmint" tries to ride us down. we'll soon become a "resourse" to be "allocated" for the "greater good" this sounds suspisciously like another "eminent domain" snatch and grab type scanario.

yikes, do you have enough ammo laid back? i dont think i do...

not so cheers

doc