YARD SALE SEASON!!!

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the simple life said:
Our town use to have more yardsales, but there is an ordinance( been in effect for 2 years) that you can only have 2 per year and you need a permit to do so.If you get caught having another(by nosy neighbors) you get a fine.
I noticed that I have only seen one this year so far in my area.So I would think that alot more stuff ends up in the trash now instead of being recycled by a new owner which is a shame.
We don't have to be reported by nosy neighbors here. They have an officer constantly patrolling in a gas guzzling ford explorer. His only job is to look for ordinance violations and condemn homes. He will give you a ticket for yardsales, grass over ten inches tall, untagged or uninsured vehicles in your yard, litter in your yard. ( our city ordinances even specify a pile of sand as litter) When the fire department is called he gets there first so he can look for reasons to condemn your home. Your small fire gets his foot in the door.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
And you live WHERE? And why? Might as well be living under a communist regime! :ep Doesn't that make you want to pull up stakes and find some freedom? If someone stepped foot on my property with the intent of snooping into my business, he would find it....the business end of my shotgun! :smack

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It did not used to be this way. The house is paid for and I am not presently employed. Kind of hard to leave. I really wish I could.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That does present a problem... :/ Sad, though, that one has to live that way. How did the community let them get to this level of control?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I rely on goodwill stores and thrift shops. I work every Sat. at the farmers market. I never "hit" a yard sale...LOL---I wish I could. Rain or shine I am at the markets and Sat. is a work day for me.

Sadly the goodwill stores locally are not that nice. Prices have gone up for "not so nice" garments. ugh

Also the stores are musty. But a new one opened in the "richer" side of town and I need to hit it and see if I make out...LOL

I wish I could get to some yard sales cause my friend Barb makes the circuit and she does quite well on them......oh well.....LOL

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmer chick
Do they have a flea market area near your farmer's market, they do here, just a walk away. When we go we pick a table around 5 am and walk our way around the place looking at people's stuff as they put it out, and then someone stays at our table and puts out our stuff.
That way we get to buy before we start to sell and the place is usually packed.
I love yard sales, and more people are having them around here lately, but I also like craigslist and freecycle.
lin

Latest posts