YARD SALE SEASON!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Lin
No there are no flea markets near our markets. My little local is in downtown Denver....in a school parking lot.....and the Gastonia one is in a separate building near the convenience center on its own.

So no go on that one.

We do have a little flea market that is kinda local...but I haven't been in a while...seems all the time it is the same old stuff , same vendors, and prices are getting higher on things there....more like them buying retail and reselling with hefty prices.

It is cool I can't go Sat. yardsaling.....this way I make money at the market and don't spend it..HA HA HA

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Sadly, I too have stopped yard saling this year due to gas prices. Unless its on the way to the grocery, or other errand, of course. I love yard sales!!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am planning on having a yard sale this weekend. I sure hope people come with the gas prices. Last time I had one I made over $400.

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, I had fun yesterday, went to an Aldi's for the first time. We had to go out to Toms River and so swung by Aldi's. Well across the parking lot I see a hospital thrift store and think ok, go.
I am so glad I did, found 22 yards of fabric for $22 and then half off because it was there more than two months......a really cool retro pattern, thick cotton, no fading, I am just so happy...I'm going to make curtains for the den!! I have six small windows and a sliding glass door, I probably can make a few pillows to match. It was heaven that sent me there...
lin

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow lin you got all that for $11---good deal and new curtains. can't go wrong.

How did you like Aldi's?

I went the other day and their prices did go up but I spent $19 on some things I needed. Nothing made me spend big though.

love blrw

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lemon juice concentrate went up even at the dollar store, and Aldi's had it. I bought one because sometimes they taste off, but it was good, so at some point I will go back. I drink it in water all the time. So I'll get a few more. The dollar store's lemon concentrate has also changed, it's now thin, like it's watered down, a lot.
Also, the thrift store had curtain rods and I didn't pick them up then, so I'll do that.
I liked Aldi's, do they have them in NC? and if they do had you ever tried their meats? I would have gotten a few of a bunch of things but didn't have that much money with me. Next time...
lin

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OLD thread, but I'm reviving it because it's yard sale season once again, and I scored some good deals over the weekend!

At one yardsale I spent $5 and got a 3 shelf book shelf that looks almost new, and a brand new food dehydrator.

At another yardsale, spent $3 and left with several nice name brand outfits for my niece.

Another yardsale, spent $4 and left with a plastic grocery bag full of like new clothes for my baby boy! Including a dress outfit with 2 vests!!!

Picked up some old hardback books printed in the early 1900's for 50 cents each...I think we picked up 4? One was an Education Reader from 1911, one was the Saga of Billy the Kid, another was Tom Sawyer I think?

Plan to go scout out some more local yardsales today!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Don't you just love yard sales! :love We don't have enough of them around here..... :(

Good score, Aly! :thumbsup

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I found some vintage wicker chairs for $1 at the end of yard sale season last year. This week I found a huge roll of wicker for 50c and repaired my chairs, painted them deep aqua satin and they look fabulous! Sturdy, too.

I found a white woven cotton bedspread in perfect condition for $3. The sale was someone cleaning out a grandma's house; stuff is so well cared for and the seller has no idea of value. I love sales like that!
Now to keep the dog off the white spread, lol.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I got a huge neon open sign for our shop for $35!!!!