You have GOT to be kidding me............

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
As in a lot of instances I am late to the party.

Whether we like it or not SOME kids "raised" (?) by SOME parents are sexually active at 12.

What bothers me most is the whole idea that slapping on a piece of rubber is supposed to PROTECT them. Protect them from what?

STDs? Nope - there are LOTS of STDs out there that have NO problem being spread condom or no condom.

Emotional damage brought on by casual sex at a time in life when their self esteem is at its lowest? Nope - pretty sure a condom is not going to help there.

Pregnancy? Well it might help a little, but ask around your group of friends and see how many kids they have conceived with condoms in use (they all forgot just that one time!!)

As far as putting your young daughter on the pill for birth control. (I DO understand the other reasons for the pill) In my opinion THAT is even worse. First they will be EVEN more likely to play without any other protection. They are not stupid, just invincible and carefree. (Like only KIDS can be) Also what are the consequences of starting a hormone regime on one so young? Does any one know? Do they care?

I'm mostly done. Thanks for listening.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Um, condoms don't even protect adults from pregnancy - married and consenting adults at that!

If they did, I'd not have TWO of my kids :gig

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And the same goes for the pill as far as birth control! BOTH of mine were conceived on the pill.

I also concur with okiegirl1 & Bee. The deputies in my home town allowed us to hang at the courthouse parking lot (right across the street from the sheriff's office) & drink, so that we wouldn't be running the roads or getting knocked up. Didn't work, there was only so much entertainment/diversion to be had in that venue.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
And the same goes for the pill as far as birth control! BOTH of mine were conceived on the pill.
Yep - so true! My husband is the result of Birth Control NOT working.

Funny story, there, SHE knew she was pregnant, but her doctor kept insisting it was all in her head. He insisted there was no way she could be pregnant while taking the pill. His mom was 6 months preggers with him when she switched to a doctor who confirmed her pregnancy.

So, the running joke is my DH is a figment of our imaginations *snicker*

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
"So, the running joke is my DH is a figment of our imaginations *snicker*"

You should nickname him "Houdini" since he was an escape artist. :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
your young daughter on the pill for birth control. (I DO understand the other reasons for the pill) In my opinion THAT is even worse. First they will be EVEN more likely to play without any other protection. They are not stupid, just invincible and carefree. (Like only KIDS can be) Also what are the consequences of starting a hormone regime on one so young? Does any one know? Do they care?
thanks for saying this. and yep... my sister was late for work today b/c the new grandbaby, courtesy of The Pill, is at their house again. my sis is taking care of the baby b/c.. what a surprise...that teenage mom who had to drop out of college (she would have finished well), has a crappy job, and what a surprise the boyfriend is a looser....is having a hard time with all the responsibility and is upset b/c all her friends are out partying and she has an unexpected baby to take care of...

hum. well. maybe giving her a false sense of security (The Pill) and being the cool mom (oh sure go out with that looser!) didnt quite work out. this isnt a moral issue at this point - its one of consequence. we all saw this train wreck coming a mile away.

the hardest thing? watching my sis, who was a young mom, struggle for 19 years to finally get to a point where she can have the job she wants, finally get her degree.... and was just about to the point where she could have some time for herself.... is now a grandma at 40. she has to start all over with the grandbaby. they are going to get a crib for the baby this weekend.

common sense + keep your pants on = success

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
THANKS for posting that, now I can show it to my brother in law and explain to him that now he cant use the excuse " I cant find one that fits" anymore!!
It is a sad and pothetic time we live in thats for sure.
Its like,
"common sense"? whats that?
Being a parent? Thats not my job I just had a little to much fun one night its your job to raise the kid not mine, remember "it takes a village."
Involved with my kids life? What the heck do you mean? They know who I am and I remember there names. Besides were together around the holidays, and its tough to raise these kids nowadays, what with my social life and all I dont have the time, besides remember the whole, "It takes a village" thing.

Anyway,

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
OFG, is THAT the little girl who wouldn't listen and keep her whacking stick with her at all times around the chickens??!? :lol: