You have GOT to be kidding me............

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I personally don't think that the whole abstinence thing works. Educate kids and teens fully and completely about sex and you'll have a more responsible population. So many schools and parents IMO are too preachy about it, just don't do it is not a good answer and you certainly aren't helping your kid any by just telling them not to do it.

That said, a special size for a 12 year old is kind of gross LOL and weird but if it helps to keep it safe for them, then maybe its what we need lol.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally, I would never ask "where are your extra-small rubbers". I of course would require the extra-large products.
...a legend in his own mind......:lol: :gig :lol: :gig

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My son will be fourteen in June, my daughter just turned 12. We are very open about sex in our home. They know that we want them to wait until marriage in the best scenario, and at the least -- if they have a long-term, loving relationship. We discuss things quite frequently. They know of kids in their school who are sexually active. And they don't think it is right,nor do they hold much, if any respect for these kids. both my kids seem to have a very mature understanding of how this works, and I believe it is due to open comunication int he home.

My niece, however, who is the same age as my son, is already on birth control. My sis and I, who were both raised by the same parents, but are totally different, have very different parenting styles. It shows.

My kids are still young--they still have their whole teenage lives in front of them, but so far so good. hubs and I have made it very clear to them what is acceptable in our home and what is not. We have taught them from very young to make choices and gave them consequences for the choices, whether good or bad. hopefully they are old enough now to continue to make good choices, when the stakes are higher now. I find it appalling that this is so mainstream that there is a need to market such items.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
But birth control is not just about controlling birth. It can help regulate your period. When I was about 14 I was put on birth control to help regulate my period...

My brother is 15 and my family is very open about sex, and he knows that if he wants to become sexually active he needs to be responsible and that he only needs to ask if he needs money for condoms. Not that my brother will be sexuall active LOL he's too weird, girls are the least of his concerns right now -- he's too busy messing around with his silly computers and playing D&D LOL

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well at least she is being somewhat responsible... lol

I don't necessarily agree with sex at that young an age, but I think we need to do our best to educate rather than preach abstinence :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Well, I for one, am preaching abstinence. But the choice is ultimately my childrens. Like I said, I can only hope they make good choices. Hubby and I have openly talked about our past-bad choices and good. What we did, what we wish we didn't do. What we wish we had done. Hopefully they actually listen and learn from our mistakes. so far, and I realize they are young, but so far all is well.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone else immediately get a mental image of some lame, big-talkin young teen jock (who has never actually seen a boobie) showing these to his buddies?
lol don't all guys keep rubbers in their wallets and start doing so about 10 years before they need to?

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
oh GOOD!! if i had kids that age i'd be glad to buy them condoms and have them around the house. i'm glad younger kids can learn to be safe and healthy!
The operable word in your post is.....

"IF"

You apparently don't. No wonder the rest of your post says what it says......