You will never guess what is in my barn right now!!!! Now with Pics!!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks for all the name suggestions. I had originally wanted Clover too, but dd nixed that. And alot of the other names had gone through my mind, but I think we have setteld on Anabelle. We're gonna try that one on her today.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh wow, she is SO too cute. If the sheep do not work out but I still want a milk animal I may have to talk to you more about where you got her and such!

Big congrats,

Pat

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I got her in Listowel, and there are two more heifers who hav just come into their second heat that are for sale. We hummed and hawed, but decided to go with the calf, on the notion that we could tame it before we ever got around to wanting to milk her. I've had enough of chasing skittish animals around, but I guess that was our fault for getting older sheep. Had we tamed them first, I'm sure we would have had a more pleasant experience.
$750 for a heifer. he's also getting a papered bull to go with his papered cow, (mine is not papered, he took the mother cow off farm to be bred), so he will have registered dexters from now on.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She's adorable! How about Callie?

edit: DOH! I totally missed where you already named her.

Latest posts