You will never guess what is in my barn right now!!!! Now with Pics!!!

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Awesome! And she's beautiful!

I always wanted a milk cow but could never afford the initial cost so I got goats ("the poor man's cow" :)).

I love my goats but would still have loved to have had a cow. Now, with just one kid still at home, I would never have the need for the amount of milk a cow would give me.

And some of those names you all were coming up with - Daisy, Clover, Jasmine, Molly - are all names of goats I've had at one time or another. :)

Anyway, congratulations. It sounds like she's settling in and taming down very quickly.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
She's coming along very nicely. I'm sure she would tame much quicker if she ate grain, but she doesn't (and that's a good thing....,) But I have tried to entice her with a handful of corn--she sniffs it and that's it. I don't intend on feeding her any grain, but I thought as a treat it might be nice. She will have nothing to do with it, so that's ok. I have found to get her to run to me, I hold up a chunk of salt.

Once we have the trust thing going on, we will start grooming her, and then eventually I want her to be halter broke. I don't know how long that will take, but we have the time.

She is soo adorable, and her tongue is black. :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:love

I am dying from the cuteness :D

Smart girl doesn't like grains. Can you bribe her with some kind of veggie?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I'm going out there right now with the other half of the apple I had for lunch. We'll see if she likes it.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
She has a lovely face and beautiful eyes! I would have gone with Maybelline like someone else suggested.
Remember the old Maybelline cosmetic advertisements?
One part was something about having "Maybelline eyes"........ :clap

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
How wonderful and cute. Wish I had room for a cow. Heck, wish I had time for one. LOL

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've got the time.....I've got the room....I don't have the nerve! I know so little about cattle, and I want a Dexter soooo bad, but I need to apprentice or something until I know enough to properly tend to one.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I like Anabelle! I'm laughing my butt off over Maybelline though. It is the name of DH's very large, black '57 BUICK!! :lol:
Sorry, back to the cow thread..... :hide

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
JEALOUS!!! Hubby and I want Dexters but I don't know if I could eat the babies.....my kids would DIE. They know where beef comes from but it's different if it is in your front yard all day every day. :/

I think she is spectacular, whatever her name is! :D

Latest posts