Your Weather

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Well yesterday was a lot cooler I needed a sweater all day to go outside & about 11:30pm it started to rain, which it did a little more during the night & it was raining real nice about 6am & it is about 45 out there now. Which may not sound too cold but with the rain it is colder than that. Now I have to go feed in it all. And trying to figure out how to get my laundry dry today that I really need to do today.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It is absolutely freezing here today -10 F plus wind chill. brrrrr! We are expecting yet another foot of snow between today and tommorrow...man are we getting it good this year!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was -25 out last night, when I went to change the water for the girls (I'm off school sick with a stomach bug), they were shivering it was so cold! So I filled the waterer with hot water, and gave them lots of corn, now they're all hunkered down cozy and warm.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
It was -25 out last night, when I went to change the water for the girls (I'm off school sick with a stomach bug), they were shivering it was so cold! So I filled the waterer with hot water, and gave them lots of corn, now they're all hunkered down cozy and warm.
BBBBRRRRR! Stay warm, lupinfarm! Our high today is supposed to be 32F, but the highest we got was 28F. This morning's wind chill temp was 6F, but it is up to 16 with the wind chill now. We are supposed to hit 48F tomorrow and get rain!

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last night we were -3 with a wind chill of about -35. TOO COLD!! Today it did not get above 10. A warm front is suppose to go through during the night, tonight, and tomorrow will be in the 40's. Wednesday we are suppose to get some rain and the the icy cold will return by the end of the day. The weather here is crazy, this year. The temps swing as wildly as my moods! Ha! Ha! :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Not believing our weather here. They are forecasting strong winds, hail, severe thunderstorms with possible tornados. It is December isn't it.

This is a strange time of year for even Mississippi to be having this kind of weather. Last week it was down to 22 degrees and today its already 60 degrees with a high of 72 but then on Thursday back down to the 30's. We are suppose to get frozen precipitation snow/sleet on Thursday.

It appears Texas is sending us this weather. Sure wish they would keep it.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Raining, and gonna rain allday and night, so what little snow we did get is gone and it will be a sheet of ice by Friday. Right now it's hovering around freezing.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Supposed to go to the 60's tomorrow with heavy rain. This is why the gardening is kinda tough around here, the poor plants get frozen and heated up all winter, heaves them right out of the ground. Oh well, if you don't like the weather here, wait a minute!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
After just being 12F the other day...DH said it is supposed to be in the upper 40's and might even hit 50F today! All of the snow that we had is melting fast...but, I am sure there will be plenty more coming before long!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Almost afraid to post mid 60's all week here & a chance of rain this weekend again. Althugh if we were at our place up north it would be 30's & snow this week!(I would rather be there trust me).