Your Weather

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Ice has building up on the trees all day. Our lights are starting to flicker. Internet was out for a couple of hours.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We don't normally get electric outages here, but with an ice storm after heavy snows, I start to prepare. I filled the kerosene lamps today and drew up a lot of water in case we lose electricity tomorrow.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The ice load is heavy enough that I can hear branches breaking off the trees in the woods. Roads are bad according to the news.

Getting power outages in the region now. Over 25,000 in the Paducah TV station viewing area.

Should have bought a generator 6 months ago.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AH Dacs I feel for ya!!!
Is this the first hard ice storm?
Usually the first big ice down here brings so many big limbs and trees that were weakened before. We have bad trees down south due to our droughts, the ice buildup sure brings down alot of them when we get hit.

Should have bought a generator? LOL---I know.....problem is in summer when threat is gone who wants to spend $600-800 on a generator...LOL...I don't..HA HA

I know a generator will be on your list of things to come I am sure!
Hope your power stays on!!!!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It rained all night and now everything is coated and glaring!!! Glad I won't be out on the roads this day.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got freezing rain from about 3 yesterday afternoon until 7 this morning. Now its snow. Everything has got about an inch of ice on it. Me and the dog got a little surprise when we stepped out to check on the chickens this morning and both fell thru a couple of inches. Hope I don't lose power. :fl It IS really pretty, tho. I'm glad I don't have to go out in it so I can enjoy it.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yesterday we woke up to 6" of snow. Overnight we got ice and it is now snowing again. I hear we will have an additional 5" before it quits. :barnie
I hate snow.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It looks like fine, light snow falling now. When I went out to bring water to the birds I could feel just the little bit of an iciness to it though. It will change over later and be just awful, I know. I'm glad we're all home today, even if it means I have to clean out the bathroom closet like I've been meaning to since Christmas break.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
It is snowing heavily here. Last night we got 8 inches. That is on top of the 15" on the ground. I was relieved to note that we didn't get the ice. They are saying we could get another 5" today. I'd say it's working hard to accomplish that. I don't look forward to all this melting. Our previous snowfalls had compacted to become the 15", heavy and dense. The snow that fell last night is very heavy, shoveling is difficult.