Yourbadd's Divergence Journal---Spring Fever!! Yeah Baby!!

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Allright...here goes....

01. Name? I hear Mom yelled alot, so I'm guessing that's it??
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Neither...too crowded..I'll take a park anyday!!
04. What is your favorite color? Purple
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Not really a gum person...Winter O Green Lifesavers are my thing.
06. How much do you weigh? Ask again and I'll have to hurt you.
07. How tall are you? Short.
08. Can you swim? Yes
09. Do you like to swim? Love it!!
10. Living arrangement? In a house.
11. What's on your mouse pad? People still use them??
12. Favorite board game? New one the kids got..Bananagrams...word game like Scrabble
13. Favorite magazine? Hoping Hobby Farms will move me...received gift subscription but 1st one hasn't arrived yet.
14. Favorite Actor? The hunky, shirtless one...duh!
15. Favorite Actress? Any of them that make me laugh.
16. Do you have an accent? Does hill-jack count??
17. Favorite smells? Lavender, freshly cut grass, wood fires.
18. Least favorite smells? Dirty dishes and diapers.
19. Favorite sound? The quiet.
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Pools...no sharks.
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? I'm over the age of 16, so no.
22. Pencil or pen? Pencils.
23. Who's better - boys or girls? Both are awesome!
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? I do own a motorcycle.
25. Do you sing in the shower? No, I don't like cleaning up broken glass.
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Was Jessica Rabbit Disney?? She was beautiful.
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? My to-do list :-(
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? 3-4...I'm really hard of hearing so it takes me a few rings to hear it!!
29. How do you want to die? Without knowing.
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? Can't say that I have.
31. Gold or silver? Thank you, I'd like bars of each!!
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? I might if I didn't have to pay for it!
33. Do you like dressing up? Yes, but so rarely get to.
34. Would you rather be short or tall? Tall.....I hate climbing on the counter to reach stuff in the top cabinets!
35. Do you enjoy reading? Love, love, love it!!
36. What book are you reading now? I'm trying to study the Bible, a new Homeopathic remedy book and hatchery catalogs.
37. Favorite books? Anne of Green Gables series
38. What was the last movie you saw? Book of Eli...Awesome!
39. Favorite movies? Goonies, Pride and Prejudice, most sappy chick flicks.
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, but they may end up stuffed!!
41. What is your sign? Really...I didn't come here to be hit on!!
42. What are your personality traits? Type A...'nuf said.
43. What's your biggest fear? Death, taxes, spiders, sharks
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? If someone else footed the bill....otherwise heck NO!!
45. Future child's name? There will be no more kiddies spouting from these loins.....I listened to Bob Barker and had my hubby neutered!
46. Favorite foods? Chicken dishes, burgers, a good steak and salads!
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast? Yes, but only on straight roads.
49. Storms - cool or scary? Love to sit and watch storms clouds roll in.
50. Do you like to dance? Not really.
51. Do you do drugs? I prefer not to but have been known to pop a Sudafed or eight.
52. Do you smoke? According to my blind hubby, I'm smokin' but I do not actually smoke.
53. What do you think of people who smoke? I think they are wasting money.
54. Do you drink? Do fish live in water??
55. Favorite drink? Wine or White Russians...or lemonade
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Sure.
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Mmmmmm, broccoli
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? I am doing my current job...homeschooling, stay-at-home mama.
59. What's your "type"? Alive, non-criminal.
60. Do you bite your nails? no, I don't have nails to bite
61. Any siblings? Older brother whom I love dearly, older sister whom I have learned to tolerate and blessed she lives 2 hours from me!
62. What movies have you cried in? FireProof...sobbed like a baby.
63. Do you believe in God? YES!!!
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? Many times.
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Not proud to say..but yes, as a stupid teenager.
66. Do you procrastinate? Not usually.
67. Do you believe in fate? I believe that we have a course in life and sometimes can't hear God's voice and take the wrong path but He leads us back to where we should be...call it what you will.
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? The Count...he rocks.
69. Do you organize your CD's? Once upon a time I did, then my hubby went looking for one and destroyed my masterpiece.
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Country
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? My kids-Thunder Monkeys or my BIL-Oval Opus
72. What was the last CD you got? Lady Antebellum
73. MTV or VH1? Neither...don't have cable but we get The Cool TV-really neat music
74. Who do you admire the most? My mother-in-law
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? Nope,thankfully married
76. Are you single? Married since 1999
77. Favorite TV show? General Hospital-guilty pleasure
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? I've been all three!!
79. Glasses or contacts? Both...I'm blind without them
80. What color are your eyes? Brown
81. What is your natural hair color? Brown
82. But what color is it now?Brown with a few grays!!
83. Have you ever been in love? Yup..still am!!
84. Any pets? Down to 2 chickens and 2 dogs
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? I was a geeky, Honor Roll student
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? If full of piss...half-empty.....rum-half-full!!
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? I hit the right keys but I can't do that home row crap.
88. What's under your bed? My bed is on the floor
89. What is your favorite number? 4
90. Favorite sport to watch? Football or Bull Riding

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So I diverged, in a yellow wood but I'm not so sure I ended up in the right place!!

Trying to decide if we should stay or go is difficult. On one hand we were able to re-fi the house and had the property tax adjusted to reflect fair market value but with the overwhelming lack of employment paying over $10 an hour we might not be able to make the payments!! Ohio's economy is in the toilet right now and I don't see it getting much better anytime soon. :barnie

Do we tough it out here in Ohio or cut our losses and move to an area with more jobs? Are there areas with more jobs? A stable job market or is everyone in the same crap hole?

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." ;)

Ugh...I can't figure it all out tonight...guess I'll go make dinner!!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

I can relate to a few of those answers ... Especially #1 at one time. Right now I have a little girl at school who keeps slipping and calling me "Tee-Ta" or "Alita" which is what she calls her Grandmother, who is raising her. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Yourbadd.... :welcome Sounds like you are in the same delima as alot of people....jobs are scarce..most places. I like your style...silly, and fun!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: :welcome Love your answers, but I do have some questions, what kind of motorcycle do you have, and you mentioned you're hard of hearing. Is there any specific reason as to why? (Reason I ask is because both myself and Saving Dogs have hearing loss associated w/Meniere's Disease.)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome Glad you came! I wish I could help with the questions. Once you eliminate selling or processing anything it leaves me with a blank on jobs. That's all we have around here anymore! Processing chickens or selling gas. Wait the chicken place closed..... that just leaves selling gas. Is that even a career?

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone...I've been reading posts and learning so much already.

Deb- in answer to your questions...the motorcycle is a 1976 Yahama...it's still in the project stage but it'll be finished someday.
As for my hearing loss...the doctors don't know why. One theory is I contracted a virus while on immunosuppressant medications and it allowed the virus to destroy the hairs on the cochlea. Another doctor said is was unlikely...so who knows. :hu I wear hearing aids and without them only have about 40% of my hearning. Sucks but I've learned to deal.

Rebecca- The quip about processing and selling was intended to be funny as it is a movie line from Say Anything....I have a weird sense of humor and realize that everyone may not know 80's pop culture references!! I think the next line in the movie was, "I can't figure it all out tonight sir, I just want to date your daughter."

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DH lost his job back in October, right at the time my seasonal position slowed down. We were able to survive the last few months on savings all the while sending DH's resume out to every company we could find. Since manufacturing is all but dried up here in Ohio, I dusted off my resume and began sending it out as well.

Problem is...I look like crap on paper since I've been a stay-at-home Mom. On top of all this, you simply cannot apply in person anymore!! If I can just get some face time with a manager, I could land any number of jobs. There are few things I can't or am not willing to do.

This morning I finally got a response from one of my online applications and it seems I'm not qualified enough to stock shelves at Giant Eagle grocery store!!! Seriously?? :hu Seriously?? :idunno Seriously!!! :he

Hell, at this point, I'd shovel $hit for $7.00....where do I apply for that job!!!:barnie