Yourbadd's Divergence Journal---Spring Fever!! Yeah Baby!!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
YourBadd, I think you are taking this job rejection personally and it has nothing to do with you or your qualifications.

That is their pat answer for declining.....they are just not very creative. A simple no thanks would have been more clear.

There is probably a better job waiting for you out there somewhere, hopefully it will show up soon.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I can see them saying I'm too short but come on!!
this is hilarious! me too...

and yep chin up. you got "formed" and nothing else. have a good laugh and move on to the next thing. its a numbers game more than anything AND its also about who you know....so dont hesitate to tell everyone you know you are looking. send out emails. put it on FB, join linkedin.. whatever you can do.

when i was working i got a lot of people jobs and interviews, mostly b/c they bothered to contact ME. and you never know who your info is going to get passed along to.

a lot of folks have been out of work for a long time - and they cant get that job at the grocery store either.

onward and upward!

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
UGH!! My father-in-law came here to Ohio for a 2-3 week *visit* back in June....and he's still here!!!

He used to live up here and after a hurricane destroyed his Mom and sister's house he went down there to help rebuild. He'd been down there 5 years. All of his worldly possession had been packed in a storage unit. Not just the contents of his apartment but all of the junk he peddled at flea markets. He came back here with the intention of clearing out the unit to have enough money to move to Nashville to open up a recording studio (don't get me started on that nonsense).

Now when I say junk, I really do mean junk. He has "some guy" tell him that old school reel-to-reel recorders were gonna be worth something since the world was switching to digital...so he bought up every one he could get his hands on. Problem is, they are worthless since everyone uses digital but he won't believe us!! The same applies to pottery. He had one nice piece that was worth a few thousand bucks so he began buying pottery...but it's all junk!! We've looked over several pieces and the one has a "potters mark" written in permanent marker!!! He's also got tons of tape players and film cameras!!

This man is a horrible pack rat and refuses to throw anything out. He's even begun sneaking things in our garage so that it is now full. We don't have a truck or the keys to his storage unit to take it back. He tried to take things to a local flea market but since it's in the worst area of town, he didn't sell much. I suggested that he load it all up in a truck and bring it to our house to have a yard sale. He fought me saying that people in the country don't go to yard sales. :he I think he knew that I'd send the things that didn't sell to the trash heap!!

Once the weather turned he couldn't even hit the flea market since it's an outdoor area. He quickly ran out of money and began selling Kirby vacuums. For those unfamiliar, they are nice, powerful machines but priced at $2500!! Who, in their right mind, in this economy would finance a vacuum. You could buy a nice used car for that!! Needless to say, sales are down, he's out of money and now stuck here!!!

Now, 8 months later...my son is still displaced from his bedroom...sleeping on an air mattress in his sisters' tiny bedroom. I'm neurotic dealing with a man who drives 8 miles to the freeway and truck stop to poop (he won't use the bathroom here) and who wastes what little money he has by driving his gas hogging van 30 miles to a laundromat in the hood to wash his clothes!!
:he :he :he :he :he :he :he

Hallelujah, Holy Crap...where's the Tylenol!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You are going to have to come up with a plan quick or you are going to be stuck with this guy forever!!!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What does your other half think about this and the fact that his father has literally moved in?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh my golly.. one of my gal friends just told me that her FIL is about to move in with them (he lost his wife about a year ago)...this is exactly what she is fearing! oh no!!!

your hex might work
;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
holy crap reading your journal makes my life seem like a friggin' bed of roses...LOL

wow you are caught in this crap economy. well at least you re-fi to cheaper

do ya want to stay in Ohio....cause if ya want to go, go NOW

if I had to go "somewhere" I would pick the best damn place regardless of work opportunities and live on beans and have a damn good time trying to rebuild my life.

nah, I wouldn't LOL but it would be a great adventure

hey Pack grandpa up in the storage unit :p :lol:

if ya move are you going to take him too?

yikes I truly hope it all smooths out for you.

You said you won't take just any job, but you are willing to shovel shi* for $7 LOL pick one and go for it.

any money is good money when ya got none coming in the house!

oh well....times are hard and that's a fact.

but WELCOME to the forum !!!!

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The whole situation is nuts. My hubby is as frustrated as I am but his dad doesn't have anywhere to go nor any money to get there.

It wouldn't be so bad if he's just LISTEN to us!! He asks questions about things and how he should proceed then two days later when the topic comes up again he claims he never heard us say it in the first place.

He seems to only value the opinions of losers and friends of losers. He was going to take an expensive piece of pottery to a "buddy" recommended to him by the owner of a pawn shop!!!

The newest development is his "relationship" with a supposed beautiful young woman whom he met at the laundromat. She told him she is the "top" RN at a local hospital, making $500 a day. She doesn't have a car because her ex stole it and she has a paid for home in one of the oldest/wealthiest neighborhoods in Columbus. I asked him why she did her laundry at the laundromat if she's raking in $500 a day. He couldn't give a good answer.

Today he wanted to move the trailer in our driveway. The same one that's been sitting out there thru all this ice and snow and was blocked in by a mound of snow after the neighbor plowed. Both my Hubby and I said he would not be ale to get to it without destroying it yet he didn't believe us till he went to do it!!! :he

He is promising to sort the stuff in the storage unit over the next couple of days as it is supposed to warm up into the mid-high 40's. Not holding my breath. He's way to distracted by shiny things to complete a task. :barnie

On a better note...hubby's unemployment was approved and my seasonal job picked back up. We still have the March payment to make on our mortgage re-fi trial and as long as they give us the final stamp of approval we're good to go. If they deny it all...we're headed south. We hear from family that the manufacturing industry is better. :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea, where in the South---do you mean still in Ohio? or another state?

thank goodness for unemployment. sure saved our bacon a few times too! :)

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think we'd leave Ohio altogether. My BIL says there are manufacturing jobs galore in the Cincy area but if we're gonna move, we're headed for warmer weather and better scenery!! We've heard Tennessee is nice and have friends in Nashville. Not sure what the job market is in the outlaying areas but it can't be worse then here!!

We're sitting on a rather sizable savings thanks to a tax refund and a few misc. windfalls so we have about $7000 to fund a move if needed. However, if we get to stay we're planning on putting up a hoop barn and investing in 2 dairy goats plus paying off Hubby's car.

My hubby's Mom and Step-Dad just moved to Florida and are begging us to come there. It's just too crowded for me...I need space and quiet. Love to visit since they are 10 minuted from the beach but don't think I'd want to live there.

Trying not to get to worried about it...whatever happens we'll land on our feet. I did get a call about a durable medical supply sales job....some "pre-screening" firm said they just needed me to pay them $29 to "verify" my resume then they'd forward it along to the company who was hiring. Um, I thought the point was that they'd pay me!! Needless to say I passed on that special opportunity! :tongue