Yourbadd's Divergence Journal---Spring Fever!! Yeah Baby!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey we were all waiting over at my place for you to come and sing the Duck song... what happened?!

;-)

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lyrics to the Ducky Song were posted....someday I'll have DH record it for the world to hear!!

Job interview went really well. :ya Both the HR director and Housekeeping manager said they thought I'd be a good fit. They also said it was great that I have food service experience and asked if I would be willing to work in dietary and housekeeping!

Pay is only pennies more than I'm getting now but looks to be more hours. Not full-time but closer to 20 per week instead of the 10 I'm getting now. The only downside is the 20 mile drive versus my current 10 mile commute. Again, it's longer shifts (6-8 hours instead of 4 hours).

I won't know for sure until the HR manager gets the drug screen results, finger print results and calls my references. I should hear from them by beginning of next week. She asked if I could make their next scheduled orientation class on Wednesday!!

To complicate matters (there is always a complication), my current employer called today and asked if I could come in to help out my boss. She's in the middle of a nervous breakdown of sorts and wasn't able to get the prep work and shopping done today. When I got there she was having difficulty completing sentences. She made the comment that I should have her job!! Not sure what is going to happen there and I don't want to cut ties with them all together. I really hope I can manage to keep both jobs!

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Temperatures here in central SnO-Hio hit low 50's today!!! Our road is still a slushy mess and will be for a while.

Dirt/gravel road + tons of melting snow= Nasty!!

DH, kids and I spent the day cleaning the house, organizing closets, setting up a sewing area for me and generally de-cluttering from this past fall/winter.

I got my seeds planted and re-purposed an aquarium taking up space in the corner as a mini-greenhouse. I've got broccoil, 2 types of tomatoes, cukes, sweet peppers and snap peas going (hopefully). :fl Will direct sow my spinach, lettuce and carrots in the new few weeks (depending on how fast my swamp/yard dries up) Once these little babies are bigger I will load up the seed trays again and start a few more cukes, peppers, pumpkins and herbs.
2890_100_7722.jpg

Planning on picking up my tiller from my sister. We let her borrow it last year and she's under the impression that it's her's now!! :smack

Got a BBQ meatloaf in the oven and all is right with my world!!
Yeah spring!!!:weee

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Picked up my chicks today!! The local feed store had them and it saved shipping fees or the outrageous gas bill it would have cost to drive to the hatchery!!
:clap
I got 6 Americana, 3 Buff Orpington and 1 Barred Rock!!
2890_100_7736.jpg