Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sigh ... It is disgusting. Fortunately I don't think I buy anything made by Pepsico, Kraft, or Nestle anymore anyway. Guess that makes my "boycott" pointless to them.

It makes me think of something I recently learned. A friend was telling me that some restaurants where she worked, they would use a bowlful of MSG in recipes she normally used a pinch in. Got me to thinking. I thought MSG was a preservative, and a spice. Functioning a little like salt. But, just becaus a pinch of salt is good in a recipe, doesn't mean you can toss in a bowlful. That would ruin it. So ... What's up with that?

Well, I didn't check into it further then. A few days later, got taken to a Chinese buffet (that btw advertised 98% MSG-free ... Whatever that means!). I must've eaten from the 2%, because while I've had dry mouth, headaches, etc. sometimes after Chinese food, well this time I had a lot more.

I looked it up, and found my symptoms were consistent with MSG sensitivity. I also found out how MSG works. It's NOT a spice. It doesn't make the food taste better. It interacts with your brain to make you THINK the food tastes better!

How is that different than a drug? Why not smoke marijuana to get "the munchies" before eating a bunch of junk to make it taste better? This, IMO, is no different (except currently it's legal). Given the supposed concern about the health crises in America ... I think MSG should not be added unbeknownst to foods. Between side effects such as I suffered, and supposedly making food taste artificially "better" (and making people eat more?) how can that be good? Personally, I'd like to see it not available at all. If you can't make the food taste good without artificially exciting neurons to make you just THINK it tastes good, well, there's something wrong with the food.

Sigh ... Not as though we don't have many food issues to deal with. Not meaning to take away from the one you mentioned, BubB, that is horrible and unconscionable, IMO and I want no part of anyone who does business with them. But their purpose is to make more fake, sensory-excitement stuff anyway. :(

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
After 3 people in one milk co-op got sick a couple months ago, and all testing showed negative for campy., the state is going after the farm and asking to interview all co-ops.
More later.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
When you say "the farm" do you mean you or a different farm?
The only raw dairy around here.
We are one of 12 or more co-ops that support them.

Bad news again. The original co-op leader is bailing. She is scared. :duc

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
UGH! Sorry BB...leave it in the Lord's hands..praying things turn out well for ya'll. What a headache!