Hi, I'm Tuco from Omaha Nebraska

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Tuco! (hope you don't mind if I picture you as a big lovable Rottweiller- my friend's dog is named Tuco)
Sounds like you will have lots of interesting stories to tell us! I look forward to reading your adventures in urban homesteading!

Hehe! I picture myself as a big lovable Rottweiller, too! My ex-girlfriends dad, purely coincidently, used to have a toy poodle named Tuco. As you probably know, I got my nickname from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I adopted the name as a stage name in my old band. Then I started using it my art and stuff too. Then the name really stuck more than I had intended. Almost everyone calls me Tuco now. But, my mom still calls me Steve....and....my brother, of course, calls me Stephanie (because that's what brothers do!)

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Welcome from Washington State.

Thanks! I've been to Washington a couple times when I was a truck driver, and I played In Seattle and Tacoma when a band I was playing in was on tour. Very pretty state!!!

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome from sunny and hot Arizona!
There's quite a bit that can be done even with a small lot to be self sufficient. I recently got my first home and plan on turning the entire front yard into raised beds and have some chickens in the back. There's lots of fascinating things to learn here!
hello! My mom and stepdad live in Sun City in the winter (plus they have a place in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where they stay in the summer)

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Tuco, yeah they're all planning on wearing black for today's game. Hubby's going tailgating, and wants to borrow my black, western hat. Don't know if I want him to take it or not.

I think I'm going to miss the game. :(

Welcome, Tuco! Sometimes I forget there are people in the world with so much in common with me. While my musical preference is, stereotypically, bluegrass, old timey:welcome and gospel, I do play an autoharp and enjoy jams with my friends. I have owned a few motorcycles and enjoyed riding tens of thousands of miles on them. There is an R1100RT in our family, also, frustratedearthmother.:)

I recently earned my Permaculture Design Certificate through an online course with Geoff Lawton. It was a rush to take the course and have my questions answered by someone who's been practicing permaculture and teaching it for 30 years or so. I have been apparently practicing permaculture for nearly 20 years myself, though I came around to it from some different routes than many do.

So, if you want to talk hugelkultur, rain collection systems, small duck flock management, native, medicinal, edible plants, small-space gardening, forest gardening, square foot gardening, permaculture ethics, let's do.

Again, welcome.:welcome

I like a lot of old timey stuff too, especially classic country. That's cool that you got to learn from Lawton! I'll definately need to pick your brain when I've got questions. Thanks!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Tuco, if it makes you feel any better, hubby didn't go tailgating. He has a cold, so decided to stay home. (I wish he had gone. :hide I would have had a quiet afternoon.)

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ironically I am originally from Michigan though I'm from the bottom peninsula :)

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a ton a family that lives back there though. They hate it when I tell them How nice it is now and that I'm swimming in the middle of winter.

Tuco

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm jealous. It's kinda cold in Omaha now. Not too bad yet though.