What did you do to MAKE money today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I lady just emailed me out of the blue to buy/barter the rest of my angora wool. We bartered once before, so a happy surprise. She is in NY - we met at a rabbit convention.

I might take it as a gift certificate for her machine embroidery, but it should be about $100!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I made $25 babysitting yesterday and sold 5 dozen eggs! Not much but it'll help replace my breeding stock of indian runners!

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DH and I are small time/part time prospecters. And we have been selling black sand paydirt.. It takes quiet a bit of work to get the fine gold out of it. And with DH only having his days off to work on it. We sell off extra that we know will take up to much room in our house. We usually get about $2 a pound for it. Every once in awhile we get more..

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sunny said:
DH and I are small time/part time prospecters. And we have been selling black sand paydirt.. It takes quiet a bit of work to get the fine gold out of it. And with DH only having his days off to work on it. We sell off extra that we know will take up to much room in our house. We usually get about $2 a pound for it. Every once in awhile we get more..
That is smart!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I stayed at the vet clinic late, chatting with the vet assistant. The Sat. AM vet was out on a farm call.

A tiny little yorkie puppy came in for suture removal after a spay. I talked the the owner rather than feel useless and silently rude. Discovered the problems - lack of training for combing at home, and difficult work schedule. (We offer AM drop-offs as early as 7 AM)

He scheduled right away for next week! :cool:

So I have ALL DAY to play with an adorable puppy and train her to stand for me so future grooms are easier. And I get paid for it.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Some how, that doesn't seem quite fair, but good for you! :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Some how, that doesn't seem quite fair, but good for you! :lol:
I will probably lose money on the day. But it will be fun for me and if they are happy, they will stay. Each client is worth $200/year. I don't make that, I get a commission. The most important part for me now is to get a GOOD client base. There are 2 distinctive types of dog/owners and I'm trying to get all of the kind I like. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just curious, what do you consider the 2 types of dog owners?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yesterday I sold $40 worth of plants, and today I went to work and volunteered to work Monday.