10 Reasons I Peg My Laundry Out to Dry AND THE LONG-AWAITED APRON PIC

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh you have the older type clothespins. My Mom used those! I used them too....way back then. Come to think of it, when I bought mine, I did not see those on the shelf...hmm..

I figured they would be more weather torn if I left them out but honestly it is easier. I will take the chance..HA HA
But yup, a few springs have gone missing already..LOL

oh the perils of line drying..HA HA

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Exercise - did you say? EXERCISE. Man oh man, I am in no shape to exercise. Does that mean I can't hang my clothes out anymore?

Actually my clothesline is strung between my front porch and two trees. I stand on my front porch, (in one spot) hang out my clothes and roll the line out as I go. WHEW - now that I realize there is no exercise involved I can continue.

You scared me for a minute there.:D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
PamsPride said:
miss_thenorth said:
Oooh! Can I see your clothespin apron?? I usually wear track pant with big pockets and load them up tillmy pants are near falling off. Not a great visual for the neighbours driving down the road. I considered making an clothespin bag that you hang on the line, but I like the apron idea.

The bend and stretch is funny! My kids are still amazed that at my age I can still touch my toes. It's all the clothesline's fault!!!
Touch my toes??????? I can not even tie my shoes!!!!!:rolleyes:
I think you are excused from the touch the toe requirement! When is the baby due? :lol:
I am due Feb 27 but, I am just hoping to make it to Feb 1st.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hmmm, never thought about the exercise benefits to it. I always did it to save on the elec bill & to make our clothes last longer then the dryer allows them.
I use the spring ones & have been using the same ones for 8yrs now(of course I have bought a new bag & added them) that my dmil had when we moved here. I have a clothespin bag that I hang on the line & leave it out there. I have gone thru 2 now & in the process of getting a third(dollar store finds). Probobly should judt go thru my remenant tote & make one since the frame work is just fine & dandy still.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
One more reason: Humidify the house. Our winters are so dry and the wood stove makes it even worse. When we hang our clothes on lines in teh basement, it helps humidify the house, keep our skin more comfortable, cut down on static electricity and help us not get nosebleeds!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me&thegals
when I lived up north we had wood burners and coal burners....we bought a fancy ceramic pot (in the shape of a big dragon) and left it on top of the burner to steam. You sure need to add humidity into a room with wood burners. BUT, it was a biggie so it didn't have to be refilled often......nothing worse than constantly having to add water to a crock on the burner..:)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We had a big cast iron kettle that we kept on the woodstove. I used to cook on it too.

Missing the north more now--wow. Missing it alot today. :hit

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry miss
it would make you miss it more and more when you think about the good old days! You sound like a Snow Bunny

I miss the snow and all that also, to a degree. Loved the fun parts, didn't like shoveling. And trying to start that stupid snowblower, which always seemed like more work then it saved..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My clothesline broke when I was hanging jeans out! :hit
I have another one but need to get dh in gear to get it set up now. I have alot of laundry to do. He did finally get the new vent hose to hook up my dryer the other day. My dryer has never been hooked up in this house, I have not used a dryer since mid Feb.

Latest posts