100 Things Challenge - Join Me!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I did so much I have no idea what to do today. Count items? Try to find 10 things to purge?

I'm going through a box of webbing and fittings (O-rings, D-rings, buckles, sliders) to organize and sotre away. Very useful stuff, but no need for it to be clutter. It counts as SHTF supplies, so doesn't count towards my 100 things.

Not sure what to do after that. Maybe finish the other sock. My foot is still cold. :lol: I have the heel turned, so it's a whole bunch of boring stitching for a while. It looks like all the yarn will be used up - so not adding to my clutter! I guess I should chuck a pair of my old socks. I suppose I can use them for something.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Socks stuffed with catnip and sewn up make good cat toys. I've seen cute little things made from them (I made a tiny stuffed bunny once) but cat toys are more useful. :)

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
tortoise said:
! I guess I should chuck a pair of my old socks. I suppose I can use them for something.
Duster... put it on your hand and wipe down surfaces. I guess you could use it to polish or something like that too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Alright - my new challenge. And I REALLY like this one to move forward on this 100 Things challenge.

Challenge: To eliminate personal items based on the following question.

If my house burned down, would I miss this enough that I would actively seek to replace it?

When I think of it that way - no, I really DON'T need that pair of shiny coral-orange 4-inch heels in my closet.

That's not a joke. I really do have them. :gig

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Uhm, ill def need proof photos before you throw them out lol!!

Done with office for afternoon, would love to throw away the ELEPHANT disks lol! Prelude to floppy disks, but I don't know what's on them so they will be burned.

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Alright - my new challenge. And I REALLY like this one to move forward on this 100 Things challenge.

Challenge: To eliminate personal items based on the following question.

If my house burned down, would I miss this enough that I would actively seek to replace it?

When I think of it that way - no, I really DON'T need that pair of shiny coral-orange 4-inch heels in my closet.

That's not a joke. I really do have them. :gig
I cleaned out my closet last week, and got rid of a lot of items, including the last pair of sandals I had that I had never actually worn. However, my 4 1/2 inch heel tangerine colored wedges, the 4 inch purple peep toe pumps, and the black and white spectator lace up boots (with 4 inch heels, of course) are staying! My family calls me Emelda Marcos, for good reason!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ChickenToes said:
I cleaned out my closet last week, and got rid of a lot of items, including the last pair of sandals I had that I had never actually worn. However, my 4 1/2 inch heel tangerine colored wedges, the 4 inch purple peep toe pumps, and the black and white spectator lace up boots (with 4 inch heels, of course) are staying! My family calls me Emelda Marcos, for good reason!
:gig

I tossed a couple cute dresses because I don't have shoes to go with and I'm not about to go out and buy shoes to go with. I chucked all the shoes that aren't comfortable, except one EXPENSIVE pair of boots that I should be able to modify to fit better.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The more I look around the more I figure out that I need to learn to sell stuff on e-bay. Not just buy it. I have stuff I have used and just keep, some I got on e-bay as a great deal rather than new, now I don't need it anymore. Books mostly. Same condition I got them in and still very readable. Too much money into them to give them away unless they don't sell. But I could fill a room with stuff that I'm willing to loose so I will be setting up to have a few auctions a week I think, and trickle this stuff out of here.

I did bring home 5 free 45 gallon steel drums this week, and not get rid of anything as I was working, so I'm up not down. :( However I need a new burning barrel and with no regular supply I got extras when they were free.

Yarn, whole box of that somewhere here, Those socks look great, might try that. Wine bottles, used to make wine and now I don't, so racks and wine bottles, need to find someone local interested in those. Paperwork, yipes, I could spend a day at least going through the file cabinet to see what I still really need in there, and then deal with the 2 boxes of paperwork that has never been in the file cabinet since it has no room. I probably still have every phone bill ever sent to this address, and all the other utilities. I need to make a habit of hucking them after a year or so, but I sometimes like to look back and see usage. That information can come in handy. Receipts too are all filed in there, some stuff we no longer have, but if we do and they have a warranty, or I just want to know when/where we got it or how much we paid it's helpful, if it's there in a way I can find it. Sadly the last 2 years of stuff that's not true.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm procrastinating on file boxes right now! :gig I have 3 and think I can get it down to one.

I've seen BEAUTIFUL tumbler glasses made out of wine bottles. Maybe that is something to try?

I've sold a lot of stuff in the last week. I think my total is $400 now. Paid off some more on my car!

:woot

I'm going through some picky little things tonight. Like compiling multiple packs of sewing needles into one. Sorting pencils and pens. ick. I'll feel better when it is done.

The 100 Things guy has ONE pencil and ONE pen! Can you imagine?!