100 Things Challenge - Join Me!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Actually my FAVORITE saddle pad which is carefully wrapped a few times and stuff in a box in a safe spot is a very OLD pad from a well known horse women here. She was purging her horse stuff after her husband died and gave it to me, its so beyond precious only my first mare was able to wear it sparingly.
I hate "junk" and something PRECIOUS stored away is junk to me. I don't know about your decorating style, but I would lcean it up and hang it on a wall where you can enjoy it every day!

What I'm starting to get out of this 100 things challenge is to make sure the things I have 1) are quality and will last and 2) are things I love that truly improve my life!

I'm also learning to take care of the things I want to keep around. Like my used and abused (but in great condition) set of Victoria's Secret bras which I can't live without. (If you're DD+ you know what I mean!) I'll never put them through the washer/dryer because it ruins the padding and makes it lumpy. So I generally don't wash them. Hardly at all. :sick I just washed them out tonight. And worked on removing a stain from a GORGEOUS white blazer. I got it for $5 at a thrift store - brand new with the orignal tags and original price marked - $70!

:woot

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know what you mean :) In my childhood room it was put up as a decorative piece, because EVERYTHING was horse. Right now my house is decorated in....men stuff :( But my office will be my horse meditation room, and I have plans to put it up again.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Also I have fallen in love with Arie bras, highly recommend going to the store! It is an offshoot of Hollister.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Also I have fallen in love with Arie bras, highly recommend going to the store! It is an offshoot of Hollister.
Never heard of it? Does hollister have them? There is a Hollister in a mall about and hour away. I'm going there to Old Navy to see if there is anything good on the clearance racks. (I have $75 gift card!)

Now with the 100 Things challenge I will be thinking very carefully about how I want to use it!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Oops, I meant American Eagle! Although Hollister and Arie are both off shoots.

You can go to find a store:
http://www.ae.com/aerie/index.jsp?cid=AER_SRC_GUSBE

ETA: I dont know your zipcode which is why I didnt search it for you :D
There is an AE in the same mall. BTW - with all the brand stores local, the thrift stores ROCK! To bad I moved north and it's an hour drive now... :(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Just look what you guys have done! :gig

After obsessing over knitting needles and using up extra yarn that I bought for my heirloom quilt project...

I knitted socks. Well, just ONE sock so far. :gig I took a pattern I've made before and worked on the pattern to customize it to my fit, my size knitting needles, and sport weight yarn. I am funny shaped all over and if I'm gonna go down to 100 Things (literally or not, I'm going to love what I have.

(Don't mind the leg hair! :lol: )

DSCN2517 by tortoise11, on Flickr

DSCN2518 by tortoise11, on Flickr

I'll change the heel a bit on the next pair, but I'm really happy how it turned out.

I have one cold foot now! :lol:

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Going through my grandpas office :) Threw away TONS pof stuff, have a very little box of stuff to box away, and millions of old bills for my mom.