100 Things Challenge - Join Me!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haven't had time to read this thread lately. I'm glad everyone else already answered .... Nice knitting needles? KEEP THEM (unless of course you want to drop them in the mail to me LOL)

I guess I still need to declutter. I've moved a few times lately. The first time was the hardest and I still want to cry for some things I had to let go of. Now I don't even have much furniture. But I still kept my kitchen things I use (and a few I actually don't), lots of books (let half go), and most of my crafting/sewing stuff and tools, and my stashes of personal products. Got rid of about a dozen or more large garbage bags of clothes. I do have lots of open space in my house, and my closets and storage areas are pretty open and well-organized.

Ok, writing that, maybe I'm better off than I thought.

I could still get rid of a lot if I wanted too. I guess I walk the tightrope of having too much stuff vs hanging onto what I am likely to need and is versatile for repurposing, as well as any useful tools (not just the hardware type).

I do have a box started with maybe a dozen books and VHS movies I don't need though.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
tortoise said:
If anyone is de-stashing yarn, please send me a PM. No sense in keeping knitting needles around with no yarn!

(So much for getting rid of stuff! :gig )
I will be within the next month. It would be bits of this and that though. I don't have large amounts of anything.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
I've moved a few times lately. The first time was the hardest and I still want to cry for some things I had to let go of.
That is something I worry about.

I live with my fiance. What if something happens and we split up. I'd be gone in a hurry. I wouldn't be thinking clearly to decide what is important and what is not.

In addition, we don't plan to stay in this house forever. I hate moving a whole bunch of junk. I'm surprised how much junk I moved here - and how much is left at my house and at my parent's house!

If I sort it out now, carefully and thoughtfully, I can avoid heartache and extra work in the future.

And I'm all gung-ho on this because I've DRAMATICALLY reduced my computer time and I need something to do!

:gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
tortoise said:
If anyone is de-stashing yarn, please send me a PM. No sense in keeping knitting needles around with no yarn!

I will be withing the next month. It would be bits of this and that though. I don't have large amounts of anything.
Sounds perfect. I'd love to spin together bits of mutli-colored yarn and make "hobo" fingerless mits. Please let me know when you do - and if I end up getting a lot on freecycle and am not interested I will let you know asap.

There is an organization that accepts yarn to be croceted/knitted into squares for blankets for soldiers. I sent a whole lot of destash there. Of course they are interested in "manly" colors. I could try to find the info for that group...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Henrietta23 said:
tortoise said:

I will be withing the next month. It would be bits of this and that though. I don't have large amounts of anything.
Sounds perfect. I'd love to spin together bits of mutli-colored yarn and make "hobo" fingerless mits. Please let me know when you do - and if I end up getting a lot on freecycle and am not interested I will let you know asap.

There is an organization that accepts yarn to be croceted/knitted into squares for blankets for soldiers. I sent a whole lot of destash there. Of course they are interested in "manly" colors. I could try to find the info for that group...
I'll group it when I've gathered it and take a photo. It won't be a ton...

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Shiloh Acres said:
I've moved a few times lately. The first time was the hardest and I still want to cry for some things I had to let go of.
That is something I worry about.

I live with my fiance. What if something happens and we split up. I'd be gone in a hurry. I wouldn't be thinking clearly to decide what is important and what is not.

(snipped)

If I sort it out now, carefully and thoughtfully, I can avoid heartache and extra work in the future.
Yup. Go ahead and decide. I wish I had been able to do that. Personal issues contributed to the whhole scenario. Better to be able to do it when you're thinking clearly and not pressed.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I feel GOOD! :D

I had the plastic storage shelf piled with boxes of mostly unsorted papers - things I was to stressed out to deal with in the last 2 years. :rolleyes: I got all but one box sorted out. I threw away so much junk! It felt so good to toss (unopened) envelopes for bills I couldn't pay at the time, but are now paid off! I filled a box of school supplies for a friend of mine that is a single mom, going to school and scraping by on child support. (She has 3 kids in school too.) I filled another box for Goodwill.

I have another debate for you:

I have a lot of nylon webbing. 100 ft of 3/4" nylon webbing, a pretty tan color. A bunch of misc stuff too. I used to make dog collars/leashes/harnesses. I want to chuck it for emotional reasons, but I'm thinking (pending SHTF) that I should keep this around. Maybe put it out in the garage?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It would be handy for making handles on fabric shopping bags, so if you are gonna chuck it, pm me first! I'll think hard on something to trade you for it...unless you just got ideas and are gonna now keep it! :p

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would think the webbing would be handy for lots of things. My mom wove a seat and back of a porch rocker using rolls of seat-belt webbing. The wood in the rocker will rot before the seat gives out.

I've got to jump on this bandwagon. My house is filled with clutter and I'm starting to feel like my life is too. Maybe if I purge my rooms one by one, I'll start to lighten up myself.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I'm knitting for a group that sends hats and socks to the troops. Its called Operation Caregiver (www.operationcaregiver.org ) if anyone has any yarn that might be suitable, please let me know. Wool is the best, but right now I'm knitting with Vanna's Choice (cheap soft option) of course the colors need to be manly, browns, creams, blues, greens, naturals etc. Thanks!! :D

Latest posts